Promotional Xbox Live Points

Soldato
Well I spent my 400 on Sonic as my lass noticed it as I was flicking through and wanted a game, I shouldnt have even got the points with GTA IV so anything for nothing is a bonus :p

Associate
Sorry to dig this old thread up, but my GTA IV promotional points disappeared on me a few weeks ago, I had no idea they expired, so I was pretty shocked/****** off.

However, they seem to returned to my balance today.

Conveniently in time for the release of geometry wars 2... So if anyone else had these expire on them before they got to use them, I'd advise checking your balance today.

Soldato
I thought it was worth bumping this up again.

I never bothered entering my redeem code for the points, and when I did try they had expired. Earlier this week however I tried to input them again having read that people have received their points back, and it worked.

So, if anyone of you have a code but not used it because it expired, try it again now and it should work. :)

Soldato
OP
I'd imagine so, though I wonder if some points 'naturally expire' in the way that if you try and use the 48 hour Live Gold trial cards in old games you will find they have expired despite having not been used.

I wasn't sure if the original Xbox Live! subscription cards had an expiration date at first but with the rare (very rare) appearance of these forsale in shops seems to have disproved this (at least for full subscription codes - trial codes may be different).

I thought it was worth bumping this up again.

I never bothered entering my redeem code for the points, and when I did try they had expired. Earlier this week however I tried to input them again having read that people have received their points back, and it worked.

So, if anyone of you have a code but not used it because it expired, try it again now and it should work. :)

That is odd but at least it gives people a second chance.

Associate
Well, I got a message from microsoft apologising for it? I guess because it didn't seem to say on the promotional card itself that they would expire, and because enough people complained. Either way, it paid for some of geometry wars 2, which was nice :d

Back
Top Bottom