PSU for multi-gpu

Associate
If I wanted to have two 980ti, what size PSU will I need?

I've been looking at 850 psu, would the be enough?

Thanks,
Cris

Associate
OP
Thanks guys, I Already have an old antec Quattro 850 semi mod from my previous build 6 years ago.

You think I would be ok with it, or is it advisable to go for a clean start?

Soldato
Thanks guys, I Already have an old antec Quattro 850 semi mod from my previous build 6 years ago.

You think I would be ok with it, or is it advisable to go for a clean start?

Play it safe. Clean start and better PSU. 6 years is a long time. Especially if it's out of warranty, and the PSU company will then not cover any damages to the rest of the hardware if the worst were to happen.

Another vote for the G2.

Associate
OP
Pairing them with which CPU?

Will you be OC'ing the CPU?

Will be OC'ing the GPU's using a custom bios?

It will be a mAtx build on a corsair 240, with either the 5820k or 5930k.
My understanding is that 5930k will be better for multi gpu.

I don't think I will be OCing anything ;)

Associate
OP
Play it safe. Clean start and better PSU. 6 years is a long time. Especially if it's out of warranty, and the PSU company will then not cover any damages to the rest of the hardware if the worst were to happen.

Another vote for the G2.

Thanks for your feedback, I think you are right. Will keep my old PSU as a backup, and will get the G2 as you suggest.

Soldato
lol forgot for a second I am in the "overclockers" forum. Very rude indeed ;)

The thruth I no very little about it, what PSU should I get if I was going to OC?

Don't worry mate, we all knew nothing at the start.

Just make a thread in the relevant section - Plenty of peeps on here to help you.:)

The G2 850 will serve you well, but I would get this one in case you decide to push things.(That is if you go down the SLI route)

YOUR BASKET
1 x EVGA SuperNova G2 1000W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply £134.99
Total : £144.59 (includes shipping : £8.00 Ex.VAT).

Associate
Based on the replies here what would you use for dual xeon on Z10 motherboard and four cards that are folding. You've got me thinking my G2 1300 is going to struggle. I want to add two cards to the two I have.

Soldato
Well I like a bit extra on the side, just in case. I was gonna get the Superflower 850W Titanium but saw the 1000W for only £10 more, seemed silly not to. I know its more than I need but heyho. Don't know if there's any drawback to going bigger though. Got my rma replacement case through and decided to go fully modular.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom