Psu to mobo connection

Associate
I’m new to pc building, and I’m looking to buy a mobo and a psu. The psu connection is 20+4 pin, but the mobo is just 24 pin. Is this compatible?

Associate
Can't see why jt wouldn't be, the standard was 20 pins a while back so the extensible type were added to support both connectors. My PSU has this (along with a 6+2 graphics connector as well)

Soldato
I still see a lot of PSUs with a 20+4 pin connector, you should be fine. As Tetras said though, if you provide us with model of mobo & PSU we can confirm that it is compatible.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok thanks- the motherboard is the asrock b760 pro rs ddr4 atx, (has no ocuk link so I didn’t include), and also without a ocuk link, the psu it the Gigabyte P750GM 750W Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU

Associate
Also, will there be a loose messy cable as I don’t include the +4?
I think mattyfez misread somewhere along the line, looking at your motherboard you have a 24 way connector so connect both the 20 and the 4 to make 24 ;)

Man of Honour
I think mattyfez misread somewhere along the line, looking at your motherboard you have a 24 way connector so connect both the 20 and the 4 to make 24 ;)
Yeah, maybe getting confused with motherboards that have an optional 4 pin.

Also, will there be a loose messy cable as I don’t include the +4?
To clarify OP: ALL 24 pins will be plugged in, there are no spare cables/pins.

Ok thanks- the motherboard is the asrock b760 pro rs ddr4 atx, (has no ocuk link so I didn’t include), and also without a ocuk link, the psu it the Gigabyte P750GM 750W Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU
This PSU and motherboard are compatible. Brave man to buy a Gigabyte PSU, but anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom