Poll: Public emergency alerts to be sent to all UK mobile phones

Did you receive the Alert?

• Yes

Votes: 134 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 103 43.5%

• Total voters
Mine arrived before the allotted time. I suspect so I can board the space ship first and bolt the door before the radioactive masses try to get on ‘my’ spaceship. Ixcellent

Very interesting, thanks. Yes, I believe some networks have already turned off 3G, haven't they? Three maybe?

Do you know how the location aspect works for these alerts? I'm assuming it's not from the device itself as there would be a huge privacy outcry. Is it cell tower based?

Simply put, only some cell towers will transmit the message, the cell range is relatively small

You must have been living in a cave to have not heard this mentioned somewhere over the last few weeks...
She watches the TV every single day both lunch times and evenings, yet clearly escaped the info somehow. so clearly wasn't that prominent. and does occasionally search for stuff to buy or make on the PC but can't expect much from an 84 yr old if I'm honest..
I don't watch TV at all and have seen it everywhere on the net but then I am all over the internet like a cheap suit, So I don't know how she's uninformed either but here we are!

I was in the train when this happened. Was quite odd lol. But its not as loud as the in US.
Also saw some folks getting the alert like 30 seconds later.

On giffgaff and live in the country and get very patching signal and didn't get it. My girlfriend is on O2 and she has the same lack of signal and got it. Odd.
Also on GiffGaff (signal usually fine here) and didn't get an alert. My phone is ridiculously old though (android 7.0), so could potentially be that too!

Back
Top Bottom