Purchased a GTX 1070, installation isn’t going well

Associate
Ive Just purchased a GTX 1070 from someone, barely used and I’ve seen it working! I’m trying to upgrade from my GTX 660 but all’s I’m getting when I’ve put it in is a black screen like it’s picking it up but I’m just getting no image. (I’ve uninstalled old drivers). Only thing I can think is it might not be compatible with my motherboard (asus p8z77-v lx) I’ve tried a different power supply so it’s definitely not that. I’ve tried booting using the on board graphics to see if I can install the drivers for the 1070 but as soon as that cards in it’s just the same black screen but it is picking up a signal.

Any help would be brilliant, cheers

Is your PSU modular? Would be worth checking that the power cables are correctly connected to both the PSU and the GPU. Also try a different PCIE slot

I tried mine that’s a none modular then I tried with a friends Modular one! Same issue with both, I tried the different slot too!

I’ve tried all that, it’s as if it’s just not kicking in properly! Been racking my head for 2 days now, even taken it to a friends for him to have a look! There’s so many posts on google with people having similar problems but couldn’t find any fixes!

Yeah I tried them all

you said you've tried a friends PSU, try the graphics card in the friends machine, make sure something hasn't happened between removing it and installing it in your machine, I googled your board and loads of people are running 1070's fine with your board, I saw one other issue, but he got it working at x8 in the 2nd slot.

you said you've tried a friends PSU, try the graphics card in the friends machine, make sure something hasn't happened between removing it and installing it in your machine, I googled your board and loads of people are running 1070's fine with your board, I saw one other issue, but he got it working at x8 in the 2nd slot.

My cousin has a 1070 in his so I’ll see if I can put it in his machine, he’ll already have the drivers installed so in theory it should work straight away

My cousin has a 1070 in his so I’ll see if I can put it in his machine, he’ll already have the drivers installed so in theory it should work straight away

Definitely the next step I’d take then you might be able to rule things out from there. The 1070 could have been damaged in transit, hopefully not

May have picked up a ESD shock, although not sure how much it effects cards

Definitely the next step I’d take then you might be able to rule things out from there. The 1070 could have been damaged in transit, hopefully not

May have picked up a ESD shock, although not sure how much it effects cards

It can’t have been damaged in transit as I picked it up myself from someone who had it running in a gaming box. Hopefully it coming out of that box and going into my pc didn’t do anything but it still powers up it still sends a signal it’s just the image is blank.

Is the computer getting into windows?
How are you connecting the monitor?
Could be a dead display out on the card, so try using another port, or connection type.
How many monitors do you have on the card?

Is the computer getting into windows?
How are you connecting the monitor?
Could be a dead display out on the card, so try using another port, or connection type.
How many monitors do you have on the card?

I’ve tried 3 monitors, I’ve tried both DVI ports & the HDMI port. The monitor comes on with all 3 ports but just a blank screen, doesn’t say windows or anything!

Have you edited any bios settings? Try loading into bios using your iGPU, save your current bios settings if you haven't already, reset to default, put your card back in and try to boot from there.

My P8Z68-V refused to boot with a 1080ti with my previous iGPU bios settings, where I was using quicksync.

Back
Top Bottom