Purchased a GTX 1070, installation isn’t going well

That's where I was going next. Legacy boot ROM on these asus boards with 10 series cards, UEFI setting can cause black screen / no boot, resetting to default should set it to legacy.

Just tried it, it took about a minute for the monitor to get signal (no image still) then about 3 minutes my keyboard and mouse came on then about 5 minutes my headset turned on! Left it running to see if it’s installing drivers in the background but still nothing

Ok so I managed to change everything to legacy and boot from the built in graphics, installed the drivers but there’s a yellow ! On the driver and it’s still coming up with the blank screen when I try with the 1070

You should be seeing POST. Go into your bios and go to the advanced tab / system agent configuration - and change the primary display to PCIE (if it isn't already). You should then see the POST screen from your monitor connected to the 1070. If so the good news is the card is not dead. The bad news is you'll have to format your drive to get into windows with the new card, and Legacy ROM setting.

You should be seeing POST. Go into your bios and go to the advanced tab / system agent configuration - and change the primary display to PCIE (if it isn't already). You should then see the POST screen from your monitor connected to the 1070. If so the good news is the card is not dead. The bad news is you'll have to format your drive to get into windows with the new card, and Legacy ROM setting.

My drivers are installed for it currently looking at it while using PCIE it says (Code 43) on the driver but I’m not sure if that’s just because I’m using PCIE only! I don’t see the POST screen when connected to the 1070

Did you use Lucid Virtue / Quicksync / multiple monitors (iGPU and 660) before? If you have defaulted your bios it should be defaulting to the 1070 for post.
If you did, disable multimonitor support and the likes related to the iGPU and have a cable only connected to the 1070.

as a last resort disable iGPU in bios. However if you still get a blank screen you will need to remove the motherboard battery to reset the bios to use the iGPU.

EDIT: If you can attatch a second monitor it may be worth while you are in windows on the iGPU, checking to see how many displays windows recognises with a display plugged into the iGPU and a display plugged into the 1070. Before disabling the above obviously.

Did you use Lucid Virtue / Quicksync / multiple monitors (iGPU and 660) before? If you have defaulted your bios it should be defaulting to the 1070 for post.
If you did, disable multimonitor support and the likes related to the iGPU and have a cable only connected to the 1070.

as a last resort disable iGPU in bios. However if you still get a blank screen you will need to remove the motherboard battery to reset the bios to use the iGPU.

EDIT: If you can attatch a second monitor it may be worth while you are in windows on the iGPU, checking to see how many displays windows recognises with a display plugged into the iGPU and a display plugged into the 1070. Before disabling the above obviously.

I just had both monitors plugged into my 660, I’ve tried disabling the igpu and taking the mother board battery out. Last thing I tried Just was having one plugged in to 1070 one in igpu but nothing, just s black screen

If you boot into windows on the iGPU then while in windows plug the 2nd monitor into the 1070, is it recognised by windows?
At this point i'd be tempted to throw it in your friends computer and check the card is working as it should be.

i recently upgraded my gtx 680 to a 1060 6gb, i had the same issue a black screen once i updated my bios it worked fine.

You could put your old card back in update bios then put in your new gfx card

I’m going to test my card in another pc in a minute, if it works it’s gotta be something to do with the BIOS but I don’t know what else to do

Back
Top Bottom