PUSHING FOR 5GHz... i5 CLARKDALE RESULTS

Associate
Can I just confirm, it was running prime at 45C with 1.7V running through it!? Just kinda hard to believe haha, 32nm manufacturing is definately impressive leap forward if so!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
thats right but it was wPrime not Prime 95

like i said, this was just a benching run to see what it could go for

the standard 4GHz overclock on a freezer7 Rev2 tops out at 38'c at full load using:

OCCT - Linpack - 64bit - HT enabled

which is nice

i think 4ghz on a stock cooler is doable... in fact im going to try it now :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
4ghz

Stock Cooler

70'c

Done

:D

so far max volts i have used for a stability run is 1.325v
but i am not pushing them too far, at least until i have messed around with enough of a variety of them to make a real judgement

i have tomorrow off for my birthday but will post up the screenies when i get back into work :)

Associate
I have to admit rjkoneill, those are pretty tasty speeds =)
One question, on some of the OCs you have the CPU voltage up at 1.6-1.7v, which would be considered a suicide voltage, and would (eventually) kill the CPU . My cpu (sig) is only running 1.45v. What sort of voltages can you put through those things without killing em?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
I have to admit rjkoneill, those are pretty tasty speeds =)
One question, on some of the OCs you have the CPU voltage up at 1.6-1.7v, which would be considered a suicide voltage, and would (eventually) kill the CPU . My cpu (sig) is only running 1.45v. What sort of voltages can you put through those things without killing em?

i have never killed a cpu with voltage

you can go up to 1.8 comfortably just dont put it under load,
these results were suicide shots, basically just seeing how far the chips clock

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
to be honest

i3 and i5 clarkdales work best on the h55 boards

the p55 boards are great for pushing the chips
but you may as well get the i5 750 if you are going p55

unless the pc is just for gaming in which case the i3 530 would be ok

h55 and p55 use dual channel ddr3 as well so you need to be looking at the dual channel kits

the 6gb triple channel kits are for the x58 boards

Associate
are the features on the asus formula 3 worth it over the other asus boards in that range ? the gene is a bit cheaper and its only lacking a couple of things as far as i can see, and looking further down the list there is the Asus P7P55D? £50 cheaper than the formula 3 ?

Soldato
are the features on the asus formula 3 worth it over the other asus boards in that range ? the gene is a bit cheaper and its only lacking a couple of things as far as i can see, and looking further down the list there is the Asus P7P55D? £50 cheaper than the formula 3 ?

What features are important to you specifically?

Associate
What features are important to you specifically?

having at least 1 esata, been a decent overclocking board, having good raid functionality (after the terrible raid on the p5k), gigabit networking, and at least 6 sata connections.

Dont need wireless, millions of usb ports or anything to do with watercooling and i cant see me justifying more than one graphics card anytime soon, dont need onboard sound as i have a auzentech.

hmm hope that helps

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
i would go with the P7P55D then - its a great board

if not then perhaps the P55-UD5 from gigabyte

that is one of my favourites, it has a fantastic bios and they are consistantly great overclockers too :)

Back
Top Bottom