Putting together a NAS

Associate
Hi,

I've not heard of that brand before but looking on Google gets some good reviews, even when compared to comparable products from other manufacturers. Are you clear on what you want a NAS for as that'll help you answer the question.

WD Reds are a definite choice!

Soldato
So this is what I came up with:
Asustor 604t
4x Western Digital 4TB Red

Is this my best bet or would you change to other manufacturer?

Good choice on the drives!

Have you considered the 6TB versions?

I don't know enough about the Asustor equipment but I have heard they are good.

Synology just released a new 4 bay Nas which may be worth a look as it is supposed to be very good?

YOUR BASKET
1 x Synology Diskatation DS415+ 4 Bay 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Network Attached Storage (Unpopulated) £474.98
Total : £484.58 (includes shipping : £8.00).

Soldato
OP
The Synology looks quite pricey.
I want the NAS for back ups and movie streaming to my tv downstairs (via the PS3. Possibly getting Xbox 1).
I know they can do a whole lot more but haven't really looked into it too much.

Soldato
The Asustor will be great for that. The Asustor can be hooked direct to the tv as a media player too.

Asustor's whole range make use of some cracking chips and offer tremendous value for money. Just for streaming and backups the 304t should be fine. Heck the 204TE should be fine too.

I review a load HERE

Soldato
It depends on application to be honest. For simple storage and streaming I would say no. It offers a small bump in cpu and allows for a ram upgrade. If you think you'd benefit the extra grunt and ram go for it, think there's about £80 difference (ish)

Back
Top Bottom