Question for men going thin on top

Soldato
43 here and still a full head of hair. If I get a bald spot I think I'll go straight to a full shave. I have a bumpy skull though so I'll still look like a freak. :D

Soldato
Agreed squire! May we forever brush fingers through our luscious locks, caress the finest shampoos into our glorious barnets and titter at the poor chaps who are forced to slap sun screen on their chrome domes.

Gramps is 80 and only ever gets a scissors-only cut to keep his fluxing stream of pilical awesomeness, aka The Mane, under control! Indeed, I'm 30 next year, and still if I were to let it get out of hand, I'd be Jeebus before you can say 'head & shoulders'! Don't let the haters create a stress patch where ain't never gonna happ'n. :p

But as for 'what is dead may never die' brigade, I think a gene hack for male baldness will emerge before we're retired anyway. Don't get a wig just yet and simply embrace your baldness until then (trim or shave and polish off for maximum impact and reflectivity :D).

Win/win either way.

Caporegime
No, hair is a big thing, especially for my age group (early to mid 20s). To say otherwise is categorically incorrect.

And there we have it: the usual 'man up' comment and one example of a celeb that makes it work because he just so happens to be gifted with a head shape that suits that style. If only all humans were the same eh.

Yeah, age definitely has something to do with it. Girls ages 18-25 are absolutely relentless when it comes to looks. We live in the most vain society of all time and I've witnessed first hand what a lack of hair can do to a guy on the pull.

I'm far from losing my hair, but looking at my family it doesn't look like it will be long. It frightens me.

It looks like the type of girls your going after are the vain, TOWIE type, much like yourself it seems.

Maybe you should try going to more upmarket places?

Also heads much like people and much like nether regions come in all different shapes and sizes. It's natural and there is no such thing as normal or more aesthetically pleasing. It's all perception and in your head. Obviously you have an issue here that you have a serious problem with. The sooner you realise it's normal the happier a life you will live.

Girls age have nothing to do with it either. Best looking girl in my class at uni, her boyfriend was like 5 foot 4. I think that is a bigger problem than being thin on top tbh, yet he still managed to well for himself.

Jason Statham is another that springs to mind. Hes come a long way since lock stock. In hollywood where looks matter he hasn't had any issues. He has embraced his look, he's not went down the surgery route even though he could easily afford the best guys in the world.

The problem isn't on your head it's in your head. The sooner you realise it's normal and nothing wrong with it you will be much happier.

Dana white has went from success to success, his balding hasn't stopped him from being successful in business. Same goes for the guy who owns the shop in Pawn Stars, he's bald, hasn't stopped him from becoming a tv star and successful businessman.

Your living in the dark ages, times have moved on.

Soldato
It happens eventually so why worry about it. My father told me his dad, my grandfather was bald at 28 so there was a bit of apprehension of going bald at such a young age but none of my brothers or myself had the gene or whatever controls loss. A hat in fierce heat(only abroad) or a little dab of sun cream.

Soldato
Yeah, age definitely has something to do with it. Girls ages 18-25 are absolutely relentless when it comes to looks. We live in the most vain society of all time and I've witnessed first hand what a lack of hair can do to a guy on the pull.

I'm far from losing my hair, but looking at my family it doesn't look like it will be long. It frightens me.

I get a lot more attention from younger girls than older with my shaved head. Odd....but then, i dont go 'on the pull' in clubs any more so maybe thats it.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I razor my head every day, apart from the weekend if not doing anything. Takes more looking after than hair :) got to get that shine on

Caporegime
It looks like the type of girls your going after are the vain, TOWIE type, much like yourself it seems.

Maybe you should try going to more upmarket places?

Also heads much like people and much like nether regions come in all different shapes and sizes. It's natural and there is no such thing as normal or more aesthetically pleasing. It's all perception and in your head. Obviously you have an issue here that you have a serious problem with. The sooner you realise it's normal the happier a life you will live.

Girls age have nothing to do with it either. Best looking girl in my class at uni, her boyfriend was like 5 foot 4. I think that is a bigger problem than being thin on top tbh, yet he still managed to well for himself.

Jason Statham is another that springs to mind. Hes come a long way since lock stock. In hollywood where looks matter he hasn't had any issues. He has embraced his look, he's not went down the surgery route even though he could easily afford the best guys in the world.

The problem isn't on your head it's in your head. The sooner you realise it's normal and nothing wrong with it you will be much happier.

Dana white has went from success to success, his balding hasn't stopped him from being successful in business. Same goes for the guy who owns the shop in Pawn Stars, he's bald, hasn't stopped him from becoming a tv star and successful businessman.

Your living in the dark ages, times have moved on.

Beauty is subjective, yes, but I'd say most people's perception of beauty is rather similar, at least in the UK. For example if you grab a guy with a full head of hair and a nice hairstyle, and the same guy with a Norwood 2 receding hairline, 9 times out of ten the people will prefer the former. It's just obvious. Same would be if you got what you personally think is an ugly person and a beautiful person and asked everyone else to categorise them in the same way. I imagine most of them would arrive at the same outcome as you.

If I shaved my head, I'd genuinely look like a chemotherapy patient. Instead, I get complimented on my hair and it helps me with the opposite sex. Some people look good bald; a lot do not. In an ideal world no one would care about looks, but like I said - we live in the most vain society of all time, regardless of what you think.

See anything in common with actors like Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel? They're permanently typecast by Hollywood as bald headed hard men or thugs in action films. They'd very rarely get anything else.

Not sure what relevance Dana White or Rick have to do with anything. I didn't say bald people can't be successful.

I'm not living in the dark ages. I'm living in 2016 where the hair transplant and hairloss industry is bigger than ever.

Soldato
Beauty is subjective, yes, but I'd say most people's perception of beauty is rather similar, at least in the UK. For example if you grab a guy with a full head of hair and a nice hairstyle, and the same guy with a Norwood 2 receding hairline, 9 times out of ten the people will prefer the former. It's just obvious. Same would be if you got what you personally think is an ugly person and a beautiful person and asked everyone else to categorise them in the same way. I imagine most of them would arrive at the same outcome as you.

If I shaved my head, I'd genuinely look like a chemotherapy patient. Instead, I get complimented on my hair and it helps me with the opposite sex. Some people look good bald; a lot do not. In an ideal world no one would care about looks, but like I said - we live in the most vain society of all time, regardless of what you think.

See anything in common with actors like Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel? They're permanently typecast by Hollywood as bald headed hard men or thugs in action films. They'd very rarely get anything else.

Not sure what relevance Dana White or Rick have to do with anything. I didn't say bald people can't be successful.

I'm not living in the dark ages. I'm living in 2016 where the hair transplant and hairloss industry is bigger than ever.

The industry is big because of massive insecurities. I considered Regain or whatever it is probably about 4-5 years ago. I've got a slightly receding hairline that accelerated through stress but has now stayed where it is thanks to the relief of said stress.

The 18-25's you speak of are living through the facebook generation where everyone has to get 'likes' in order to feel fulfilled in life. Yes, you might get more attention having lovely locks of hair but when you cant hold a conversation that initial attraction disappears.

I've just accepted life and gone for the hitler style combover, with a slightly longer moustache. The mrs likes it and tbh I couldn't give a **** what the selfie generation thinks about it, they're going to get fat and miserable and I'll still be happy.

Soldato
The industry is big because of massive insecurities. I considered Regain or whatever it is probably about 4-5 years ago. I've got a slightly receding hairline that accelerated through stress but has now stayed where it is thanks to the relief of said stress.

The 18-25's you speak of are living through the facebook generation where everyone has to get 'likes' in order to feel fulfilled in life. Yes, you might get more attention having lovely locks of hair but when you cant hold a conversation that initial attraction disappears.

I've just accepted life and gone for the hitler style combover, with a slightly longer moustache. The mrs likes it and tbh I couldn't give a **** what the selfie generation thinks about it, they're going to get fat and miserable and I'll still be happy.

GD salutes you, sir! :D

Caporegime

Unfortunately I currently have to live in that generation of looks obsessed idiots, and can quite safely say I'd prefer to keep my hair than lose half of it and half the attention.

I probably wouldn't care at all if I went bald at 30+ as I'd like to think I'd be settled down, women are more mature about the whole thing and I guess it's more natural at that age, but going bald in your teens/early 20s is an absolute nightmare.

Soldato
Unfortunately I currently have to live in that generation of looks obsessed idiots, and can quite safely say I'd prefer to keep my hair than lose half of it and half the attention.

I probably wouldn't care at all if I went bald at 30+ as I'd like to think I'd be settled down, women are more mature about the whole thing and I guess it's more natural at that age, but going bald in your teens/early 20s is an absolute nightmare.

I'd prefer to keep it of course, but I'm not going to fight it purely for the benefit of those who deem me more of a man for having hair.

You're like a balding Inception. Bravo! And of course, much praise for being your own man and relying on word and charm like a real gent. The superficial carp fades, a gentleman always prevails. :)

If you can't be your own man, who can you be? People who hide the real them only trip themselves up later on down the line.

Associate
I just have to look at all the men on my dad's side to see that i will even be completely shaved or enjoy a nice birds nest by the time i'm 40 good area of thinning going on already 9 more years of pretending . :p

Back
Top Bottom