Question to Valve Index owners - please help!

Soldato
Just had a quick go. Unfortunately it's difficult to play with the Index controls, the button mapping doesn't seem to work and the hands are reversed, though I could grip the flight control and bring it down. The aesthetics are nice, everything is extremely well detailed and is as neatly presented as the screen shots attest to.

Seemed a little bit too bright though, and far less of the cramped slow burning experience of the drop that was Apollo HD. Also on my end I couldn't change the direction or distance of the cockpit, rather unfortunate as it wanted to place me in the middle of my sim rig.

Neat though, id recommend it to those with an interest that perhaps wanted to go beyond the Apollo experience as most of the cockpit switches appear to be clickable.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank you Mr Lokiss for trying it out. As mentioned previously, it is primarily designed for the oculus platform but it seems that there may be some compatibility with the Valve index. If you have a flight joystick with button mapping or use button mapping software like Joy2Key, then it becomes much more of an accurate flying experience.
All feedback is welcomed as I can pass it on the EL3D forum.
If there are any users with non oculus headsets that would be prepared to give it a whirl, then your reviews would be very welcome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom