Quick price check pls

Don
Mate selling a car and I'm looking at getting it for work and then getting something else for fun

2017 M140i hatch
32k miles
FSH
New tyres
New springs
M Sport exhaust

pretty much immaculate

any idea on what's a fair price?

Last edited:
Don
OP
@Maccy

3 door

he sent this as options

Harman kardon, Heated Memory seats, Professional nav, Privacy glass, Rear sensors, Auto wipers, Comfort access, Msport exhaust

got year wrong it's May 2017

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you mean M Performance exhaust?
Is it the auto or manual?

It sounds like it has the most desirable options (pro nav and HK), but auto wipers, rear sensors, is all standard kit AFAIK.

FYI, when I traded in my 3 year-old M135i (facelift), albeit with 70k miles on but more options than the above car I got £12.5k for it. I guess private sale I might have got £14k.

I'd suggest the above car around £18-20k would be a fair price. They're not exactly rare, and discounts when brand new were massive.

Soldato
I'd put into WBAC and then pretty much ignore what they say :D

Have you looked at AutoTrader and PistonHeads, they're both a good barometer for price, also how much would you be happy to pay for it?

Don
OP
its Mineral Grey , red leather

had a quick look on autotrader and 21 seems high, I reckon I can get it around the 17-18 mark

Last edited:
Don
OP
Do you mean M Performance exhaust?
Is it the auto or manual?

It sounds like it has the most desirable options (pro nav and HK), but auto wipers, rear sensors, is all standard kit AFAIK.

FYI, when I traded in my 3 year-old M135i (facelift), albeit with 70k miles on but more options than the above car I got £12.5k for it. I guess private sale I might have got £14k.

I'd suggest the above car around £18-20k would be a fair price. They're not exactly rare, and discounts when brand new were massive.

I think so re the exhaust, its quite noisy I have noticed :D

thanks for info re options

its auto

were you basing that price on my original error age of 2108? its actually 5/17

Soldato
he has a 17k p/ex offer so I think my offer will be same in cash

If you could get it for that winner, we've got the M135 (the new one with 2l engine and x drive) and I love it, glad we didn't go for one of these though as I'm not sure my missus would cope with 330bhp+ and RWD

Don
OP
Nothing like, only a main dealer could hope for that. Trade book is about 17k.

Private sale 18k or so.

so as the resident BMW guru is there anything I need to know about these?

I know they are quite well regarded but are there any reliability issues to look, running costs reasonable etc?

Intention is to run as a work car until I retire so prob 5-6 years and 60-70k miles total

Price wise 17k would be decent but not amazing then (I haven't actually made an offer yet but 17k would be my top line)

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom