Quitting smoking

Suspended
Ive made the seemless trasition to rollies, where as before I would only smoke them at home, now its rollies all the time. Got to be a good start, there not as bad for you and not as easy just to pull one out of the box and spark up :)

EDIT - BTW I'm not trying to quit, I really enjoy smoking and rolling :)

Suspended
malc30 said:
I love the ritual of rolling my own :)
I am Smoking right this minute & Loving it :p

Quoted for truth - I have infact just finnished rolling. Highland Hemp paper, nice tight roach, just the right amount of backy.

Lush.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Yep I roach mine as well but smoke Amber leaf, a bit of a gay brand but meh i like the taste.

Not exactly helping the O.P. are we :p
Sorry mate, Good luck and all that.

Suspended
malc30 said:
Yep I roach mine as well but smoke Amber leaf, a bit of a gay brand but meh i like the taste.

Not exactly helping the O.P. are we :p
Sorry mate, Good luck and all that.

Its quite rare to bump into dedicated rollers though - for example I've never had the opportuinity to discuss the pro's and cons of semi conical rollies...!

Soldato
I tell you some down sides to stopping smoking that I myself have experienced the last couple of months

1 - Bad Breath
The missus has always said that my breath smells nice, but since stopping, my breath has stunk... WTF?

2 - Ill
Since stopping smoking, my Asthma has actually been worse and I have not had hay fever for like 10 or 12 years and now all of a sudden, I got it again. As for my asthma, this is a very confusing one because smoking does trigger it off and yet after a good cough, my wheezing goes, but now, Im suffering 24/7 with it and while I was smoking I was ok ????
Also had a cold 4 or 5 times and had flu twice since March... I cannot remember the last time I had any of them in *** last 10 or so years?

I have noticed that it is a hunger suppressant. I have eaten my way through the cupboards a few times now and I have gone from 14 stone to 17 stone in a couple of months, however... In saying that, I will also add that I am playing more football with the kids and exercising more, plus Im getting back into the weights so, its not too bad because my belly isnt actually getting bigger but my arms & shoulders etc are.... Im ok with that cos the missus says that I dont have an ounce of fat anywhere on me except my belly ( annoyingly true and my belly makes up for it )

Soldato
Tru said:
I think you've tried to lecture me on this before, and you're still coming over as a wall-to-wall

Don't try and tell me what I'm addicted to, or what I find enjoyable. I used to smoke 10 or 12 in a shift because I could not because I needed to. How many have I smoked in the last 3 days? None, that's how many. How does that fit in with your addiction theory?

You've been brainwashed by the anti-smoking bigots into thinking that it's impossible for someone to enjoy smoking. You can take your whiny, preachy lectures and ram them, they don't wash with me.

your forgetting something, i don't smoke anymore you do.

you are killing yourself , i am not.

you are lying to yourself , i am not

you stink of tobacco and fags, i do not.

your teeth are or will get stained, mine do not.

you are a slave to tobacco , i am not.

no smoker enjoys smoking, and every smoker wishes he was a non smoker.

your telling yourself you enjoy smoking because that way you give yourself no reason to stop, your scared of what life will be like if you feel deprived of your fix.

just because you have not smoked a ciggy in 3 days does not mean your a a non addict, in fact it makes you even more an addict, because you keep returning to them, you are a 100% addict, and if you think you are not then you are a complete fool.

why the hell would someone smoke a ciggy if they was not addicted? you think they taste nice do you? you think they make you a better person? there is no positives to smoking.

i have a mate who only smokes when he is drinking, hes an addict, because he keeps on returning to them, there is no reason on earth why someone would return to smoking unless they was an addict.

you can justify your addiction by saying how much you enjoy them, but you are lying to yourself, your enjoying the relief from the nicotine craving, not the cigarette .

identify that difference, because it is a major one.

you know what i say is truth, but admitting it on a forum is one thing, admitting it to yourself is another. and who cares about the forum.

wake up and realize that you are addicted because you cant stop it.

Soldato
Dogoid said:

your telling yourself you enjoy smoking because that way you give yourself no reason to stop, your scared of what life will be like if you feel deprived of your fix.

just because you have not smoked a ciggy in 3 days does not mean your a a non addict, in fact it makes you even more an addict, because you keep returning to them, you are a 100% addict, and if you think you are not then you are a complete fool.

why the hell would someone smoke a ciggy if they was not addicted? you think they taste nice do you? you think they make you a better person? there is no positives to smoking.

i have a mate who only smokes when he is drinking, hes an addict, because he keeps on returning to them, there is no reason on earth why someone would return to smoking unless they was an addict.

you can justify your addiction by saying how much you enjoy them, but you are lying to yourself, your enjoying the relief from the nicotine craving, not the cigarette .

you know what i say is truth, but admitting it on a forum is one thing, admitting it to yourself is another. and who cares about the forum.

Well done for condensing Alan Carr's book and passing it off as your own thoughts

Soldato
Mohinder said:
Well done for condensing Alan Carr's book and passing it off as your own thoughts

no your wrong mate i am not trying to make out they are my own thoughts, i actually believe what they guy says is true and i naturally pass it on.

i have read the book and i 100% believe what he says.

so now his opinion becomes mine.

i agree with him

i don't hide that i have read his book, i say this in the first page

Last edited:
Soldato
Dogoid said:
no your wrong mate i am not trying to make out they are my own thoughts, i actually believe what they guy says is true and i naturally pass it on.

i have read the book and i 100% believe what he says.

so now his opinion becomes mine.

i agree with him

So do I, but I'm not snotty about it.

I'm going to have my second go at giving up with his book sometime this month, and try not to have an earth-shaking row with my fiance again and crack open the fags :(

Soldato
Mohinder said:
So do I, but I'm not snotty about it.

I'm going to have my second go at giving up with his book sometime this month, and try not to have an earth-shaking row with my fiance again and crack open the fags :(

im not snotty mate, i just want people to know how easy it is to quit when your in the correct frame of mind, and thats all it takes is frame of mind.

i had been smoking 10 years, and a little book made me stop, without any willpower and no cravings, of course i want to shout this from the rooftops to every smoker , and if it makes me seem snotty or righteous, so be it, i don't care.

just as long as people read the book and stop smoking then thats all that matters

Soldato
Dogoid said:
im not snotty mate, i just want people to know how easy it is to quit when your in the correct frame of mind, and thats all it takes is frame of mind.

i had been smoking 10 years, and a little book made me stop, without any willpower and no cravings, of course i want to shout this from the rooftops to every smoker , and if it makes me seem snotty or righteous, so be it, i don't care.

just as long as people read the book and stop smoking then thats all that matters

I do know what you mean, I couldn't believe how easily it convinced me.

I only went two days, but previously my best attempt had been from waking up, to 7pm, and I was a wreck by the time I gave in.

In those two days I wasn't fussed at all, until the aforementioned earth shaking row with my fiancé :( I honestly believe if we hadn't had that fight I would have succeeded.

I know that when the time's right again (soon, I can feel it coming :D) and I give it another crack, I should succeed with relatively little trouble, and I plan on spending the extra disposable income on a second motorbike which is totally extravagant and stupid, but I figure it's better than smelling like smoke and cancering myself to death!

Soldato
Mohinder said:
I do know what you mean, I couldn't believe how easily it convinced me.

I only went two days, but previously my best attempt had been from waking up, to 7pm, and I was a wreck by the time I gave in.

In those two days I wasn't fussed at all, until the aforementioned earth shaking row with my fiancé :( I honestly believe if we hadn't had that fight I would have succeeded.

I know that when the time's right again (soon, I can feel it coming :D) and I give it another crack, I should succeed with relatively little trouble, and I plan on spending the extra disposable income on a second motorbike which is totally extravagant and stupid, but I figure it's better than smelling like smoke and cancering myself to death!

well i really hope you do it, im trying to convince family to read book , but im at risk of been thought of as a book pusher. :(

he makes a good point about stress and the need for a ciggy again, re read that chapter. or as you say the whole of it when your ready.

Associate
malc30 said:
When are you people going to get off your high horses & move on to your next campaign of oppresion because i am getting sick of being told how i feel by people who don't even know me.

FACTS.
I enjoy smoking.
I enjoy rolling them.
I enjoy the taste.
I enjoy the way they make me feel.
I am an Adult who lives alone & can do Whatever i Damn well please.
I DO NOT WANT TO QUIT.
Now *** off & leave us alone.

Umm, why come into a thread about quitting smoking then :confused: :)

I used to enjoy them (am trying not to think about that too much :D ) but have now decided for health and financial reasons to stop.

I am not trying to make anyone stop, I am glad you enjoy it and hope you live a happy life.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Richard_16v said:
Umm, why come into a thread about quitting smoking then :confused: :)

The post you quoted was not my first in this thread but don't let that stop you creating your Own impression a.
To answer your question though it was to wish a fellow member luck.
Not to mis represent a fellow member.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Dogoid said:

I just printed off that post and used it to light a lovely cigarette, so go and bark at someone else, little doggie, or I'll light up with every post you make.

Soldato
Paul - Free and Healing for Two Months, Twelve Days, 12 Hours and 16 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 5 Days and 2 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1470 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me £346.55.

Back
Top Bottom