RAB WC 800d build

Associate
I plan on doing exactly this on my 800D case at some point in the future.

Ive currently just got my CPU under watercooling using a tri rad at the top.

I have 2 GTX 580's in SLI which I want to add to the WC list and I was thinking of going with that Koolance reservoir.

Id prefer to use a little less tubing on the interior as im a bit fussy with tubing being all over the shop.

What is the rad at the bottom being cooled with btw? Is it a push or pull fan there?

Soldato
OP
The bottom rad is being cooled like so cool air from the bottom>rad>shroud>fan(pull) I think there would be enough room to squeeze in another fan if I waned to put a push fan too.

The Koolance res does look insanely nice. Even when you get it out of the box you just look at the quality of the res itself and you can see what a quality piece of kit it is. The only issue I did have with it was the bleeding. With the bleed pipe its not to bad put it still took me ages to get all the god damm air bubbles out.

Associate
Ill have to ask you about the bleed pipe when I get around to getting one delivered.

As for the bottom rad do you find the suction from beneath the PC sufficient enough to cool your CPU? I did think of using that space myself (either that or the drive bay with the fan thats already there) but I wasnt sure if id get a decent airflow going through it or not.

Also did you have any issues with putting the reservoir in? I read someone elses WC project including a dual bay reservoir on a 800D and they had to bend some of the bay casing to get it in.

Soldato
OP
Yea the bottom rad seems to be fine where it is. I was planning to do the case mod to remove the bottom HDD rack. But honestly I didn't really want to do it, I didnt really have the tools so would have to buy them and there just didnt seem to be any point as there was enough space where I have seated it (for a 120).

My CPU seems fine, I have it clocked at 4.8ghz. Although I havnt had the chance to do a proper superpi or intelburn test. That said I've been playing quite a few games on it and aida64 has never seen the temp go above 50c which I am happy with. Normally sits around 45c(ish) after a few hours of gameplay.

As for the res. I had no issues at all getting into the 800d. I didnt have to bend anything just take the frontplate off, which is removed by grabbing the bottom of the frontplate and just pull it towards you and up the whole plate comes off then making it much much easier. I also believe its the only way to take the blanking plates out too. Then slot it in place. Sort out all your tubing etc, then once your happy with it all stick the frontplate back on with the res in place.

Back
Top Bottom