Racing with the Hamiltons: Nic in the Driving seat

Associate
enjoyed watching this, except for the bits where mr hamilton seemed to be a bit of a miserable ****, put him in racing clio's which seems to be a pretty decent quality of racing, then complains when nic gives places back, seems a bit off to me.

loved the section when he'd had his big off, and him/lewis were round the laptop with lewis explaining what he needed to do/was doing wrong.

To be fair he was right though, he braked way too early

Soldato
Why? He wants the best for his kids but makes sure they work damn hard for it.

Great bloke IMO. (and a great programme too, just watched it)

Indeed - without wanting to overdo the point or be all sensationalist, England would be a much nicer place to live if everybody's parents brought them up like that.

smr

smr

Soldato
Missed this last night so just finished watching it on bbc iplayer. Thoroughly enjoyable watch, great family... Nic is an inspiration to a lot of people, takes balls to be able to race without any disabilities so to do what he's doing is impressive to say the least.

Hope he has a better season next time.

As for Anthony I think he comes across as a very grounded, down to Earth guy. He's assertive, shrewd and has bags of common sense. I don't think he was at any point being harsh, just being honest and straight forward.

Soldato
There's plenty of people with disabilities doing great things. Nic wouldn't even be mentioned if it wasn't for Lewis.

He seems a down to earth, nice guy though, but no more special than anyone else.

Certainly won't do the Hamilton brand any harm.

Soldato
There's plenty of people with disabilities doing great things. Nic wouldn't even be mentioned if it wasn't for Lewis.

He seems a down to earth, nice guy though, but no more special than anyone else.

Certainly won't do the Hamilton brand any harm.

You read it first here
Nic Hamilton no more special than Anders Breivik

Caporegime

Except he would, because the Nic Hamilton program is the first in a line of BBC programs about people with disabilities doing great things.

Being Lewis' brother just adds a layer of exposure on top of an already great story more than capable of standing on its own.

Wont stop the cynics though, and the way the ITV4 coverage at Thruxton milked the life out of the 'Lewis Hamiltons Brother' thing, you cant really blame them.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Good watch, I want to know how he does next season, when was it filmed?

It was throughout the 2011 season, so 'next year' in the film is 2012. Season kicks off in April I think.

They race on the BTCC card so it might be covered by ITV4.

Yep. I cant remember if its live or a re-run (depends on if the race is in the morning or the afternoon), but the whole thing is shown on ITV4 every BTCC weekend.

Soldato
So glad I saw this thead.

Must say its an inspiring documentry, really makes you think bloody well done to the whole family.

A friend of mine Jack Goff race's in the clio championship up near the front and the hype Nic bought to the clio cup was fantastic, when you consider the circumstances he had done remarkably well.

The clio cup is such a tight championship, in some races the top 10 were seperated but .6 of a second.

I do wonder about the father though, basicly remarking about money all the time, to run a car in the clios can be done for around 100k per year, surely he will never hold back giving his son the opertunity to race considering what he gave Lewis. I would imagine if Anthony said no more, Lewis would fund no problems!

Man of Honour
I do wonder about the father though, basicly remarking about money all the time, to run a car in the clios can be done for around 100k per year, surely he will never hold back giving his son the opertunity to race considering what he gave Lewis. I would imagine if Anthony said no more, Lewis would fund no problems!

Have to agree there. Nic has obviously had a lot to go through and so it seemed a little strange that Anthony was still being hard on him.

Back
Top Bottom