• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Permabanned
Im thinking the navi 10 X or non lite will be better than the v7 or similar, leaving v7 as the content creating card of choice with the mega navi 8gb gddr5x gddr6 whatever for pure gaming sexellence

The following's only my opinion but I doubt it very much, Navi's a Polaris replacement, maybe it can match the Vega 56 or 64 in it's fastest variant but that's it, It won't match a VII. I'd guess that we won't see a high end replacement until Arturus when Radeon replace all the cards with the upcoming GCN replacement architecture, and that might be staggered releases over a year or so. The only way the VII will be replaced is if they release the full chip version later this year. At the moment the VII uses chips that never made the grade for the pro range, as things mature they may run out of chips for the VII and do a run of full chips.

I'm pretty close to selling my Vega 64 with an EK rgb water block with all the trimmings (240 radiator, ek pump/res e.t.c)
Do you think anyone would be interested in buying it ?

Definitely, Vega's are good cards and under water is where they seem to shine.

Soldato
A good video showing exactly where AA matters proving that 4k does require additional help to clean up how things that are in the distance look.

It's really resolution agnostic, the need for AA. Perhaps with a high enough resolution & high enough DPI for the display, it will be almost unnoticeable, but I don't know what that point would be. 32'' 8K?

Unfortunately, the performance hit isn't the worst thing about AA, it's the loss of detail. In some cases it's fine but in others (like in the rain scene with cars) it definitely changes the scene significantly. Always has to be a trade off I guess.

Permabanned
It's really resolution agnostic, the need for AA. Perhaps with a high enough resolution & high enough DPI for the display, it will be almost unnoticeable, but I don't know what that point would be. 32'' 8K?

Unfortunately, the performance hit isn't the worst thing about AA, it's the loss of detail. In some cases it's fine but in others (like in the rain scene with cars) it definitely changes the scene significantly. Always has to be a trade off I guess.

True, If we do get to that point it'll be years from now so it'll remain a trade off for the forseeable, From now the focus will be on things like ray-tracing.

Soldato
Powercolor Radeon GPU's being released in 2019

AXVII 16GBHBM2-3DH
AXHII 16GBHBM2-2D2H
AXVII 16GBHBM2-2D2HD
AXVII 16GBHBM2-2D2H / OC
AXVII 16GBHBM2 / 2CH2M2-2D2HD2HD2HD2HD2HD2HD2H / OC

AXRX VEGA 64 8GBHBM2-2D2H/OC - Red Devil OC 3 Fan
AXRX VEGA 64 8GBHBM2-3DH - Blower Fan
AXRX VEGA 64 8GBHBM2-3DHW - Liquid Cooled
AXRX VEGA 64 8GBHBM2-3DHE - Blower Limited Edition Silver
AXRX VEGA 56 8GBHBM2-2D2HD/OC - Red Dragon
Here's a comparison to some of the current Power Color line up. If this is true it looks like we will get a Blower Version, Red Dragon, and Red Devil at least.

Was wrong about it being AMD cooler only, interesting. Means it will be a long wait for its replacement.

Back
Top Bottom