1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radeon VII

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by DragonQ, Jan 9, 2019.

1. nashathedog

Sgarrista

Once Navi gets a few refreshes we may see some decent improvements but seeing as you like to look at the historical facts look at how Polaris has improved from the 480 to 590 and expect that along side the last historical facts I provided for you. Vega VII won't be outpaced by Navi, That'll come when we get Arturus or whatever they call it.

I never said Navi was going to offer the same performance as Polaris I said to expect a similar jump in performance as we saw from Polaris when moving from 28nm to 14nm. We know Navi is still a GCN architecture and we can make an educated guess at what that'll mean for Navi compared to Vega. As I said 7nm Navi may offer 14nm Vega speeds maybe even V64 speeds if we're lucky but it won't match the VII from the top spot & it definitely won't come offering V64 + 20, 40, 60 percent as quoted above, not a chance in hell.

2. Poneros

Mobster

Thing about things that used to be is, they used to be.

A lot of people said the same about Polaris. But it turned out to be that for a business having higher margins on products was more important than "advancing the industry" or whatever BS gets spun. All that matters is price & performance in the current market, not what coulda/shoulda been, and in the current market V56 for £300 & V64 for £400 are exceedingly good deals - except for AMD, 'cause their margins on them are very low.

3. Bob Dole

Associate

44 cards? Will be sold out by the time I click add to cart and price will probably go up, looks like a rushed launch. Very d
    44 cards? Will be sold out by the time I click add to cart and price will probably go up, looks like a rushed launch. Very disappointing from AMD.

4. Gerard

Caporegime

I think so as well, a couple of people a few pages back were saying it was something like 12 hours off.

5. Nitrams64

Gangster

Might be easier winning the lottery than getting one of these.

6. Vince

Man of Honour

It's not going to be easy. Have a backup plan is my advise... if you know somebody then you should try and leverage them if you are looking for a Friday guarantee.

7. vapor matt

Wise Guy

Bit of a poor launch with such few cards available, seems loads of hype but no hardware. still not a bad thing to wait for reviews before parting with the cash, easy to jump onto the hype wagon, Vega 64 was the same and many sold to go green.

8. RavenXXX2

Capodecina

44 cards? imagine the ocuk markup on that little lol. :eek: £800 min.

9. Vince

Man of Honour

Yep a massive 44 with apparently 100 in the UK... not nearly enough as I pointed out earlier!! What can you do though? There are only as many available as are available.

Even more annoying for me is that I'm on the road most of Thursday so won't get to buy one that easily. I ended up having to have a chat and deploy my normal disti to find me an extra one just in case I can't. So I might even end up with a few more than I need.

10. Bob Dole

Associate

AMD are selling direct as well at msrp i believe, not sure if that applies to Europe though?

11. Vince

Man of Honour

Don't think it applies in the UK as far as I can tell.

12. Illuminist

Mobster

Boooo

13. Harlequin

Mobster

So many experts on here - are you all working on Brexit for this government as well?

14. killem

Gangster

No, Due to the fact we can type words on a computer forum we are all over qualified for that job it seems.

15. nashathedog

Sgarrista

:D

That sums it up rather nicely.

16. hyperseven

Soldato

how can it be 100 if OCUK have more than half @44 :confused:

17. Vince

Man of Honour

They have another load due end of week.

18. Gibbo

Commissario

As of tomorrow we should have 58 in stock, more than half! :)

19. Harlequin

Mobster

Thats interesting as at least 1 other competitor is also claiming to have 50+ for release on the 7th....

20. Vince

Man of Honour

From the man himself ;) now where is the forum bribe button to hold me one of them bad boys?