1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radeon VII

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by DragonQ, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Gibbo

Commissario

1pc per customer!

2. Gibbo

Commissario

No 2080 and 1080Ti perform similar, depends on game. Vega 7 will trade blows with 1080ti and 2080, as per the stream at CES by AMD.

3. Martini1991

Caporegime

This is the first "normal" launch I've seen in years.

Reminds me of the 5870 launch.

4. pete910

Wise Guy

You've all been playing with one haven't you ;)

5. peahead

Mobster

Of course they have :D

6. Martini1991

Caporegime

If this was 500 I'd have jumped on it.
    Bit gutted tbh, I always love a bit more performance lol.

7. nashathedog

Sgarrista

That's great, I'll definitely wait now,

Yesterday I remembered that the day before RX Vega launched we could get the Gigabyte 1080ti for somewhere between £500 & £600 but on the day of the Vega launch the price of that 1080ti (Gigabyte tri cooler version) went back up to somewhere between the £600 & £700 mark and I was sat here now wondering if I should grab a 2080 in case the same thing happens again, which is kinda ironic when you think about how the 2080 only offers 1080ti or a little higher performance at around the £700 mark. :D

8. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

I won't be trying to get one on launch day as I will be waiting for the non reference cards with better cooling in a few months time.

Having said that is there any way you can give regular forum members the chance to grab one before they go live to the general public.

9. nashathedog

Sgarrista

Does anyone know what time the Radeon VII reviews go live?

That'd be nice (As long as I qualify:D).

10. Gibbo

Commissario

Trying to implement something to this case, spoke with IT last night, they are seeing whats possible, no promises I am afraid though as IT type stuff is a very slow progress.

11. Martini1991

Caporegime

The same minute they're live on sale I imagine.

12. Vince

Man of Honour

I think this is well said and would love to just pay now regardless of reviews... Yes i'm a maverick, and what? It's a little sad that ill likely be on the road tomorrow when they go live as well so it's looking really bad for me in terms of ensuring that I manage to get one snapped up.

13. peahead

Mobster

That sounds like a good idea but how would they implement it based on your years as a member or your post count because anybody can become a forum member. I cant remember how members got free delivery it was so long ago now.

14. Grimfusion

Associate

Yeah I just joined and I'll happily order one :D right now if I could.

15. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

16. Gibbo

Commissario

My plan is to inflate online webshop price to put customer off, then a voucher code posted forum only that gives like £100 off, but we are seeing if we can implement in time as voucher codes take a long time to do and our IT Director is on holiday.

17. pete910

Wise Guy

Similar to the MM access would work would it not ?

18. Illuminist

Mobster

Vince definitely deserves one for sure when my vega broke he took me round London in his fancy car to grab a replacement Plus he is man of honor surely that means something too:D

Saying that I am also buying one on launch day I'm a vega maniac and this will be my last purchase before my new baby comes in 1 month

19. nashathedog

Sgarrista

20. Darujhistan

Mobster

AMD could have launched any time they wanted, they've had time to plan a release and CNY doesn't move it's the same time every year. If AMD wanted plenty of stock for sale at launch they'd have plenty of stock for sale at launch. They know exactly what the're doing - gouging early adopters and mugs fall for it every time NV/AMD do it, hand in glove with retailers.

They know the sheep will get panicked into buying at inflated prices on day 1, it's a standard retail tactic, some of us can see it, there's plenty who can't though.