Radio Two listeners

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Don’t mind Radio 2, but can’t say I’m all that bothered without it. When I worked in local government my boss would plan her day around pop master... everyone knew that it a lost cause trying to contact her when it was on! I don’t think I can listen to Ken Bruce without thinking of Rob Brydon’s impressions :D

My musical taste is rock so naturally I prefer planet rock but adverts drive me insane so 90% of the time I just listen to Apple Music / my own playlists.

A guilty pleasure is Radio X, as I started off chucking it on for the dog and listening to it by proxy whilst making his food in the mornings and Chris Moyles just feels like home. As weird as it sounds I don’t find him as annoying as he was prime Radio 1. Johnny Vaughan though can suck the big one, his views are downright offensive disguised as ‘humour’.

I currently work in an office with no radio and it is so depressing. Thankfully no one cares if you wear headphones so I tend to stream music though my phone / browser.

Commissario
Dont worry guys when youve had enough of Radio 2 the Guardian has your back. :p
I've been listening to the first one on that list since about half eight this morning and the music choice is a bit eclectic but the overall style is like a bunch of amateurs running a community radio station. It's awful but yet they claim 2.5 million unique monthly listeners in 2020.

I'll carry on working my through the list but so far, I'd suggest giving NTS Radio a miss.

Soldato
I've been listening to the first one on that list since about half eight this morning and the music choice is a bit eclectic but the overall style is like a bunch of amateurs running a community radio station. It's awful but yet they claim 2.5 million unique monthly listeners in 2020.

I'll carry on working my through the list but so far, I'd suggest giving NTS Radio a miss.
I have to say the list somewhat surprised me, but it is the Guardian. It made me think of. 'Had enough of snow boots? Then try these open toe sandals instead.'

I dont or even probably havent ever listened to Radio 2 so I dont really know but I do know Rinse FM and it doesnt really strike me as an evolution for a Radio 2 listener. I could be wrong.

Soldato
Radio 2 used to be my go to station when Simon Mayo was a presenter on the evening drive time show but when they started messing with the show I stopped listening all together. I swapped to Scala Radio which has deepened people's concerns that I might be old before my time. I just about tolerate adverts.

Soldato
Having come from an office where no radio was allowed, it's been great having the chance to listening to the radio a lot more while I've been working from home, in particular Radio 2. I just can't do radio with ad not the repetition of the same old tracks.

My family thinks I've already one foot in the grave already, but I've enjoyed hearing tracks that I've not heard for years, which I'd never think to listen to on a streaming service.

Cuppa coffee at 10:30 for Ken's Pop Master, realising that I know absolutely know nothing about music :D

Funny you should say about repetition Radio 2 is the same they have "the R2 playlist" which basically means the the same list of songs gets recycled ad finitum "oh no not 'blinded by the light' again". Johnny Walker's Sounds of the 70's is basically the same playlist again but with a few reminiscences and the old interview to break the cycle. There can be too much of a good thing you notice these things when you listen a lot.

That being said Ken is essential listening even if its only via the iplayer these days. Everything should stop for PopMaster! Vine is hit or miss if I have nothing better to listen it'll do but I don't go out of my way mainly its pretty low brow stuff and the odd what I call the weepie when someones dog has died or something and we're all supposed to emote and feel for someones lost dog. Or something. I guess I don't like the feeling I'm being manipulated.

Steve Wright... eh gets boring fast.

Radio 2 used to be my go to station when Simon Mayo was a presenter on the evening drive time show but when they started messing with the show I stopped listening all together. I swapped to Scala Radio which has deepened people's concerns that I might be old before my time. I just about tolerate adverts.

Yeah he was good until the BBC got all pushy PC agenda and decided to up its female ratio of presenters. That didn't end well.

In the evening here theres a local station thats usually worth listening to lots of really obscure 50's and 60's tracks (did you know the Beatles often gave away songs that they didn't think were worth recording? Well a fair few other bands did and after hearing them you can tell exactly why they were discarded.) All sorts of fascinating trivia.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom