Rafael hit by FA misconduct charge

Caporegime
Deserves improper conduct charge, should have been sent of for waving hands about palacious red, but his second yellow was poor decision.

Soldato
He has to leave the pitch whether he agrees with the decision or not. I didn't see the game or the foul itself but whether the second yellow was yellow or not is moot.

Of course, it would be nice if we could appeal red cards awarded for two yellows, but we can't.

He should just take it on the chin.

Soldato
The red card was BS, but there's not much that can be done about it now. Rafael's reaction after he was sent off was stupid and I didn't like seeing him ask the ref to book Palacios, it's never nice to see a player do that.

Was the ref the same one that sent off Zabaleta and Sagna at the end of the City vs Arsenal game?

Permabanned
He has to leave the pitch whether he agrees with the decision or not. I didn't see the game or the foul itself but whether the second yellow was yellow or not is moot.

Of course, it would be nice if we could appeal red cards awarded for two yellows, but we can't.

He should just take it on the chin.

He will have to.

The problem is, whilst he was shouting and screaming he only ever said " What for?, what for? I didn't touch him"

Where I have seen Rooney in the same match call the ref a ****ing ****er and nothing be done about it. Now if you are setting that kind of example it should be applied across the board where here he has been charged with improper conduct, for what exactly, shouting and asking why?

Rooney should have been done as well and so should 99.9% of the players in this country.

Soldato
He will have to.

The problem is, whilst he was shouting and screaming he only ever said " What for?, what for? I didn't touch him"

Where I have seen Rooney in the same match call the ref a ****ing ****er and nothing be done about it. Now if you are setting that kind of example it should be applied across the board where here he has been charged with improper conduct, for what exactly, shouting and asking why?

Rooney should have been done as well and so should 99.9% of the players in this country.

Apparently Rafael booted a tv microphone or camera of some kind as he left the pitch. I think it's a combination of that, the dismissive arm gesture towards the ref, and shouting in the ref's face that has got him the improper conduct charge.

Man of Honour

It's probably the English player bias kicking in. Theo dived and admitted it yet seemingly nobody cares, nobody's mentioned it since.

When Andy Grey (I know I know..), was talking about diving during the game when he referred to Rooney it was whether he chose to dive or not, when it was somebody else staying on their feet it was a wholly different attitude.

Don
Cant find a video to prove

That's convenient ;)

As I said, I missed the tackle but others have said he wasn't high nor off the ground which I asked, as it would be strange to compare the 2 tackles seeing as Rafael's certainly was high and off the ground.

Back
Top Bottom