Rage 2 - Announce trailer

Soldato
Have these muppets of devs never played with M&KB in their life?? Enter as the only key to confirm instead of 'E'?? WHY ??? Dash on double-tap CTRL? Gah!

I swear, the only impressive thing about this game is how thoroughly mediocre it is in its mediocrity. They should thank their lucky stars they got the gunplay from id because they've managed exactly nothing else of any substance by themselves. I can't believe this is the just cause devs and they couldn't even implement destructible geometry in a wasteland game that's supposed to focus on fun & destruction. And why bore me with the cringy story & terrible voice acting, if I wanted awful scripts I'd join the drama club. Keep the action going don't make me stop for this ****!

And for god's sake, why is the vsync in this game so worthless??

A 5/10 at best, because I'm feeling generous. Uninstalling this POS game & good riddance.

Edit: Space works for skipping, so at least that's something. Horrendous driving as well, felt like being on a mono-rail more than controlling a car.

I'll say this though, with 2 more years of technical upgrades/fixes & more content, and CRUCIALLY an arcade mode!!! I'll give it another shot. The TV Arena quest was the best example of putting the mechanics of the game to good use, but that's too little.

Last edited:
Soldato
2 hours in for me. Great fun so far. Controls are ok. Yes having to press enter to clear a pop menu is a minor annoyance but using the CTRL key for some of the powers is ok after a bit of practice. Looks great and running nice and smooth for me, usually close to 70 FPS with occasion flirt with the 50s. I loved the first RAGE and am going to have a blast with this one too.

Soldato

They kind of already proved that Denuvo is bad if you're already CPU limited as it has less headroom to work with. If you have a good CPU the difference is negligible (but the CPU works a bit harder).

Denuvo exes are normally several times larger than normal though, which is interesting. They add a lot of code to the exes.

Last edited:
Caporegime
RAGE 2 - PC Hotfix [Denuvo DRM Removed] (5.16.19)

Today, we will be deploying a minor PC hotfix very shortly that will address the following issues:

• Removes Denuvo DRM (We saw a few requests.)
  • Enables Crash Reporter for error reporting
  • Fixes occasional crash related to Scaleform
  • Fixes occasional crash on startup
  • Fixes issue where Bethesda.net users would always default to English
  • Razer Chroma effects enabled by default

We are continuing to review the Steam forums for player reported issues. If you are having any technical support issues, please be sure to submit a ticket to the Bethesda Customer Support[help.bethesda.net] team. We also suggest reviewing our FAQ [bethesda.net]for additional information.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/548570/announcements/detail/2565275416672419265

:p

Last edited:
Soldato
Not long into this and really not sure about it.
Certainly not as much fun as the first.
Graphics a bit meh.
Seem to spend a lot of time in games these days trying to figure out the crafting/upgrading required.
I have spotted vehicles with some sort of icon above them, I assume they are relevant but no idea why?

Soldato
Few hours in and the combat is getting better with upgrades and there is some challenge on the harder levels though that'll probably change with more upgrades.

Does miss destructible buildings as so far taking out the first few sentinel towers has been a simple case of hide behind object, step out and shoot. Jump over the pulses once you've reduced the health by half.

Caporegime
Few hours in and the combat is getting better with upgrades and there is some challenge on the harder levels though that'll probably change with more upgrades.

Does miss destructible buildings as so far taking out the first few sentinel towers has been a simple case of hide behind object, step out and shoot. Jump over the pulses once you've reduced the health by half.

The first mission for the scientist guy sitting on a mutant ended with a sort of boss battle against a cyborb mutant thing.

Trouble is, It was pretty much the first proper mission I did, as that tech tree looked the better one to start with and I kept running out of ammo in the fight, and there was nowhere nearby at all, to get more ammo.

I did it eventually, but I'm guessing the developers thought that people would do this particular mission after unlocking another tier 1 of 'Marshalls' project skill tree, that lets you carry 25% more ammo.

Soldato
How is the game running for you guys/gals? currently holding a steady 100-130 @ 1080p using the ultra preset. Reason i'm asking is i've seen a lot of complaints about performance around the web and that is actually the only thing i wont be complaining about.

Back
Top Bottom