Rainbow Six: Siege (PS4 & Xbox One)

Associate
Mid season reinforcements patch yesterday on this, few tweaks like Ela nerf (needs more) and Capito buff etc.

Had a few good games yesterday. Using a headset now and the difference is crazy.

Sneaky Valk with the SPAS was fun:

You can see I'm just using the headset to pinpoint everyone.

Associate
Couple more bits, outbreak is free just like the maps so everyone gets this which isn't too bad:

Two new OPs look good, can definitely see some funny moments when teams think they can rush in ala COD with Finka's ability, you get them running to their death now even without it:

Associate
@redrooster303 I see you on this a lot. If you're ever on when I am then give me a shout. I'm usually on with a few friends.

Yes definitely mate. I'm not top tear or anything, usually get gold every season but hover around mid silver for most of it. Takes some learning this game and like you said earlier about yourself, I'm still learning and over rank 100. Didn't like this seasons maps much but I think it was because a couple of them were new. Rotation will change next season.

I was reading up on the pick and ban rules that will be coming in maybe not this upcoming but next season to ranked. Only in the pro leagues for now. It should spice things up a bit but I'm not sure TBH. I definitely don't think lower ranked needs it as most won't have headsets and it'll be very disorganised with people banning anyone or maybe to troll someone. A lot of ranked games have it though and it seems to work.

I'm looking forward to outbrek as well because it looks like they haven't half ***** it and done a good job, Lord Tachanka can finally have his day :)

Associate
Yes definitely mate. I'm not top tear or anything, usually get gold every season but hover around mid silver for most of it. Takes some learning this game and like you said earlier about yourself, I'm still learning and over rank 100. Didn't like this seasons maps much but I think it was because a couple of them were new. Rotation will change next season.

I was reading up on the pick and ban rules that will be coming in maybe not this upcoming but next season to ranked. Only in the pro leagues for now. It should spice things up a bit but I'm not sure TBH. I definitely don't think lower ranked needs it as most won't have headsets and it'll be very disorganised with people banning anyone or maybe to troll someone. A lot of ranked games have it though and it seems to work.

I'm looking forward to outbrek as well because it looks like they haven't half ***** it and done a good job, Lord Tachanka can finally have his day :)

I'm only silver and a few of my friends are gold. We don't take it serious enough to try and get higher. Or maybe we lack the skill :D

Hey guys I’m in the same position by the sounds of it with learning the game etc also in the same ranking position, Hit me up GT is KaneJNP Xbox one

Associate
Hell no! It's absolutely rock hard. But brilliant as well. Takes quite a while to get familiar with everything. You also need a few friends to play it with as playing solo is an annoying experience.
Very true! I got into this game about 3 weeks ago and played ranked as soon as I could (I play solo mostly) and it was very hard at the beginning but after many games you start to get use to the tactics of other players etc I’m currently around gold to platinum level on Xbox!

Soldato
is it easy to 'get into' online wise?

It's dead easy to get into it.

If you're a defender - you get a short time to prep the zone, depending on the operator you select; you'll have some special tools to do this - but you'll always have 2 metal shutters for vulnerable walls.

It's just about learning the maps, where to cover etc - much the same of any other online game really, you'll find an operator that you gel with - but it's a rush to select them in the lobby, so you might end up with the blank template guy - usually has barbed wire/shield as his tools.

Again, with any other MP game, you are dependent on your team mates - you'll often get people who will think an aggressive defense is best, and they'll leave the rest of the team hanging, whilst getting slotted. But at least this game is pretty decent with this - as you get lit up on the enemy HUD, if you go outside!

I played it a lot when it first came out, unlocked all but two operators, then moved onto other games - popping back on now and then, I now see there are a bunch more operators, but they cost something like 250,000 points!! That's far too much of a grind for me, so I'm happy to not bother with them; I'm certainly not going to pay for them.

It is a good game though, just remember its a R6 game - so they're trying to be close to reality, so you can get dropped in a few hits. The formula works, the whole attack and defend - but it's not hard to get yourself up to speed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom