Rainbow six vegas help.

Soldato
Just started playing this and it's pretty good ,but need help on a couple of things.

First of all , is there a way to make your team mates respond better. I tell them to go to the fastrope grapple point , they take one point each. Then I tell them to go down , one proceeds to go down , while the other just stands at the other point doing nothing :confused: . It said busy , so I'm sure he should have been going down but I had to click a few times before he decided he would :(.

Also is there a way to split the team apart and order them about seperatly? or does it have to be both at same time?. As a few times it would have been nice if I could seperate them so we could enter a room at three points , rather than just two.

Finally is there a way to have them open the door and clear , but not go in?. All the options it give seem to end up with them going in. Quite a few times this leads to their deaths as they just run into the open :( , when it would be better if they just used the wall for cover and fired into the room.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
I answer to all of your questions.. no :(

The teammate control is very "My First Rainbow Six" in the new version. The older games had much better control over your teammates.

On the door thing, you can choose open/flash or open/frag then immediately order them to the edge of the door when they've chucked the grenade.. not perfect, but it kinda does what you want.

Overall though, the team mates are just cannon fodder scouts :)

Caporegime
I never had any problems with them as cannon fodder. Even in realistic. Using them correctly and good team mate placement I could get them to clear an area while I was behind a fruit machine cowering :D

The reason the point is 'busy' is there will only be one grapple point and only one can go down at a time. If there is 3 places you can all go together.

I breach and clear and as soon as the charge goes off 'form up on me'. Then place them on the side of the door. Smaller rooms I just let them go to work.

Soldato
dannyjo22 said:
I never had any problems with them as cannon fodder. Even in realistic. Using them correctly and good team mate placement I could get them to clear an area while I was behind a fruit machine cowering :D

The reason the point is 'busy' is there will only be one grapple point and only one can go down at a time. If there is 3 places you can all go together.

I breach and clear and as soon as the charge goes off 'form up on me'. Then place them on the side of the door. Smaller rooms I just let them go to work.
Same here, never had any problems with my team not following orders. If it's a single rope they have to go down, the second team memeber should start to go down once the first one has gone, never experienced the problem of the second member not bothering to go down.
Armadillo said:
Finally is there a way to have them open the door and clear , but not go in?. All the options it give seem to end up with them going in. Quite a few times this leads to their deaths as they just run into the open :( , when it would be better if they just used the wall for cover and fired into the room.
No, but you can just do that yourself.

Soldato
One thing I have wondered is the tagging of terrorists you are supposedly able to do as mentioned in the manual, but never figured out to do this myself :/

FTM

FTM

Soldato
use the snake cam..then when you are looking at them you press select I think and a red symbol appear over their head..when your boys breach, they take them down first

also helps that the symbols stay in place when you come out of the snake cam so you can see the symbols through the wall helping you when you go though the door

Back
Top Bottom