Random 3D printing chatter

Associate
I noticed the same with mine, some prints were really hard to get off, so I got a PEI sheet yesterday, and it seemed a lot easier to remove (although I've only tried 1 print with it so far).
Well I pulled too hard to get a print off and it peeled some of the coating, so I also got a PEI one and seems much better/easier to use but also have only printed a handful of things.

Soldato
I've recently cleared out most of my printers.
I only have left a Bluemaker 350 (350x350x400) and a TwoTree's Sapphire Plus.

My SapphirePlus is my workhorse... However, recently at the same height on big prints, it layer shifts. Which is causing major problems as I have orders backing up for these Red Dwarf heads I sell.

I wanted to buy a Bambu X1C.. However, its print volume is just too small.

I've seen the Creality K2 Plus announcement, and have decided I will be buying one, as the bed is 350x350 and has the height I need to print these life size heads. It may also allow me to do things like colour in the eyes and hair with the multi colour functionality.

If it's any good, I'll sell all my other printers and just have the one.

Exciting times.

Soldato
OP
Well I pulled too hard to get a print off and it peeled some of the coating, so I also got a PEI one and seems much better/easier to use but also have only printed a handful of things.

I think that PETG can stick too hard to PEI unless you use glue - ironically - as a release agent.
I've had good results with the Lightyear 3D G10 (aka Garolite) bed on an X1C. Also seems to be available for Creality. Haven't used glue since for PLA, PLA-CF, PETG, PETG-CF, PET. Haven't tried ASA yet but I think I may have just found an excuse to crack open a spool.

Just got started on this hobby.

My, this is a deep rabbithole.

Yup. You want to try machine tools as a hobby...makes this rabbithole look positively shallow! :D

Which is causing major problems as I have orders backing up for these Red Dwarf heads I sell.

If it's any good, I'll sell all my other printers and just have the one.

Won't you then be back to a situation where if it fails or has problems, you're in trouble?

Soldato
I think that PETG can stick too hard to PEI unless you use glue - ironically - as a release agent.
I've had good results with the Lightyear 3D G10 (aka Garolite) bed on an X1C. Also seems to be available for Creality. Haven't used glue since for PLA, PLA-CF, PETG, PETG-CF, PET. Haven't tried ASA yet but I think I may have just found an excuse to crack open a spool.

Yup. You want to try machine tools as a hobby...makes this rabbithole look positively shallow! :D

Won't you then be back to a situation where if it fails or has problems, you're in trouble?
Well yes, I'll buy two...haha

Soldato

Just done another print of a part which was almost impossible to get off the PC sheet (took me about 5 mins with a spatula), literally just flexed the PEI sheet and it came off :D

Back
Top Bottom