Random 3D printing chatter

Soldato
Needed to make a trophy for a joke at work an also seemed like a good thing to do a better test with the printer and a far longer print. Just under 4 hours.

Try using Arc Welder in cura to get arc commands. That way your print will look rounder. Depending on your firmware you 1) may or may not be able to use it 2) may or may not be able to use the g90 affects extruder option.

Associate
should be picking up a second hand ender 3 pro from a friend soon that has barely been used its gonna be my second printer after my QQ S pro delta, already started printing a few bits for it like the lcd pcb cover and a few v slot covers any tips or tricks people know to get the best print quality.

Soldato
At some point I am actually going to have to pull my finger out and upgrade my E3V2 to the new robin nano v3.1 board + drivers and display, and update my printer to dual z motors. None of which will improve print quality I suspect lol.

Soldato
Re-thinking if I should bother. Then E3V2 with dual belts and direct drive is printing really well. Thinking I should maybe try to get something else to stick the Robin Nano V3.1 board in instead. I have no idea what though.

Soldato
I realized that I can extend the height of my E3V2 extremely easily since I have already converted to dual belts. I don't need longer lead screws or drilling of any holes. I just ordered 26 dollar extrusions 2040v at 550mm (which works out to be around 400mm Z height)

Figure I will need to get some bracing though to keep everything straight with the extra height.

Last edited:

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
Decided to bite the bullet and ordered a Prusa i3 MK3S+ to replace my Ender 3.

I’m just fed up with spending more time tweaking the printer rather than spending time designing and printing!

Is the Prusa the workhorse everyone makes it out to be or am I going to regret spending so much more money over a new Ender 3 S1 Pro?

Has anyone here ran in to any major issues with a Prusa I should look out for?

Soldato
Decided to bite the bullet and ordered a Prusa i3 MK3S+ to replace my Ender 3.

I’m just fed up with spending more time tweaking the printer rather than spending time designing and printing!

Is the Prusa the workhorse everyone makes it out to be or am I going to regret spending so much more money over a new Ender 3 S1 Pro?

Has anyone here ran in to any major issues with a Prusa I should look out for?
In my opinion yes absolute mega work horse. I had an Ender 2 that I messed about with endlessly and it was so hit or miss. Got my Prusa Mk3 in December 2018, built it in a few hours, and it's just been banging out good prints reliably ever since. I've really never done anything to it except nip the belts up once or twice and replace nozzles and the success rate on it is phenomenal.

When I moved house I didn't use it for a while, then I just got it out, plonked it on the desk, and started using it again.

I'm sure that people that endlessly tinker with and upgrade their printers get better quality prints than I do but honestly it's just a tool that I use and it's faultless. I don't often post on here about printers but if you go through my history I'm pretty sure you'll see various posts from me similar to this one where I'm just going yaaaasssss get a prusa because I love it so much.

Reactions: Zaf

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
In my opinion yes absolute mega work horse. I had an Ender 2 that I messed about with endlessly and it was so hit or miss. Got my Prusa Mk3 in December 2018, built it in a few hours, and it's just been banging out good prints reliably ever since. I've really never done anything to it except nip the belts up once or twice and replace nozzles and the success rate on it is phenomenal.

When I moved house I didn't use it for a while, then I just got it out, plonked it on the desk, and started using it again.

I'm sure that people that endlessly tinker with and upgrade their printers get better quality prints than I do but honestly it's just a tool that I use and it's faultless. I don't often post on here about printers but if you go through my history I'm pretty sure you'll see various posts from me similar to this one where I'm just going yaaaasssss get a prusa because I love it so much.

Thanks mate I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

From other reviews I’ve read/watched I’ve now made my mind up not to cancel the order.

I’ve just double checked my order status and it should be delivered next week!

Associate
While looking to get some filament for my new Etsy business, Eryone reached out to send me some to try. Here's a print using their Orange PLA. A cable organiser from DFV Tech on printables.com (rebranded PrusaPrinters).

I'll tell you what I particularly like about this product and it's the spool, a pet peeve of mine is lack of holes for clipping the filament, this spool has 4 sets of two all around the spool. Some manufactures put 2 single holes on each side that end up opposite each other!!

Now full disclosure, I was sent the filament for free and all they've asked is that I give my opinion on it, it's PLA and it prints pretty much like any PLA these days, it did arrive very quickly so, it's stored in the UK as Eryone does have a UK store and as it happens a sale on some filament for only £8, this filament isn't included but as I said they pretty much all print the same and if your after some cheap filament it might be worth a look. No link as per the forum rules but I'm sure you can find it if needed.

Associate
One of my first filaments was an Eryone gold silk which has a lovely colour and shine. The only issue I had with it was that it would get a bit blobby on flat surfaces when transitioning over spaces.

Soldato
Eryone ABS-like resin is absolutely 100% my favourite resin, it’s absolutely incredible but it goes in and out of stock and is expensive at full price. I compulsively go on their AliExpress store all the time and buy a couple of kilos if it’s on sale.

Associate
One of my first filaments was an Eryone gold silk which has a lovely colour and shine. The only issue I had with it was that it would get a bit blobby on flat surfaces when transitioning over spaces.
Yeah I've used their copper silk before, I tend to print it a little hotter than normal PLA.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
My Prusa arrived today and I’ve finally took it out the box and put it into position, still need to run through the calibration procedure and print something!

I needed to raise the printer so popped to Aldi and grabbed that chopping board with handy tool trays underneath. Not sure how well it will print on it though with the vibrations from the printer but worth a shot

Soldato
Waiting for FLSUN to announce the price of the upcoming V400 delta printer.

1) Large screen with Klipper as default installation.
2) Direct Drive (on a delta!)
3) plus Auto-levelling in line with previous models.

1 and 2 alone should have you excited :)

Back
Top Bottom