Random CMD window pop up for a split second

Soldato
So, over the last week I've noticed this random flash of a cmd prompt box come up, literally a fraction of a second. I've checked all logs, nothing in the time of it happening. I've ran Malware Bytes and it's not picked anything up... Nothing dodgy happening to my PC. But something is running something and it's driving me insane.

Does anyone know of any logging software I can use that tracks ALL processes in real time for Win 10?

I might just format as my OS drive only holds my OS and drivers, all games and game client installs are on separate drives.

Associate
I've been getting this today, always at 29 minutes past the hour, after some searching online I found this in the task scheduler that was causing it OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration, the advice was to click on Change User or Group and set it to System

Soldato
OP
Yep, was that task that ran, changed the running user to system. If this is it mate, you get many internet cookies, this thing keeps tabbing me out of games! Someone cocked up at MS!

Associate
Yep, was that task that ran, changed the running user to system. If this is it mate, you get many internet cookies, this thing keeps tabbing me out of games! Someone cocked up at MS!

If only it was so easy to fix the problem I posted earlier about the wierd sound effects.

Soldato
Have you got Microsoft Office?

Start -> taskschd -> Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Office -> "OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration" (this one runs every hour).

Disable!

Soldato
I had the same over the weekend on both my laptop and desktop. I thought it was something to do with Office but it seems to have stopped by itself now.

Back
Top Bottom