Random display problem.

Associate
So my PC will at random times turn off my display then the GPU fans will fire up to 100%.Windows is still running in the background and after about 2-3 mins the PC will reboot. Corsair link is showing all temps to be good (GPU idle 36C) (GPU gaming 60C) I've searched the web and so far I have cleaned / re thermal GPU / updated rolled back drivers I have a 1080 GTX which I have tried in both PCI E slots also tried HDMI cable as I use display port cable normally. BIOS is up to date. I took the GPU out and ran onboard graphics (Maximus IX Hero) for 12 hours with no restarts ? How can I troubleshoot the GPU to find out why this is happening ? Thanks in advance

Soldato
Is there anything in event viewer when it happens?

What's the full system specs? How are the power cables from the PSU to GPU connected? Is it a cable for each connector or daisy chained? Is there a BIOS switch on the GPU too? Could try flipping that and see if it makes a difference.

Man of Honour
If using onboard graphics fixes it then I can only guess it is the graphics card. Does it have the original BIOS installed? Have you had it since new (if not, did it ever work properly?)?

Associate
What PSU do you have? i had a random restarting issue that was caused by the PSU. It was a quality unit, but was a few years old, and used when i got it. replaced it with a new one and it hasnt done it since.

Back
Top Bottom