Poll: Random, premature, meet planning type stuff

What meet should I organise next year?

• Generic meet in the Midlands

Votes: 50 39.1%
  • Drunken debauchery on the coast (drinking and partying - not much else)

Votes: 47 36.7%
  • 'Proper' clubbers night. Things that glow, UV paint and furry boots

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Something else (though you need to tell me :p)

Votes: 9 7.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Next year, I'm determined to pull my finger out and step up to the meet organising challenge. Figure it's about time I pulled my weight :p I have three ideas currently:

• Generic meet in the Midlands (we've not really had a proper one).
  • Weekend of drunken debauchery and hardcore partying in a coastal town (be awesome, but would probably alienate those among us with a bus pass *ahem*) - Little sleep, little else but drinking and partying.
  • Get the 'proper' clubbers together for a night. Catch an all nighter at passion or something and talk about how we remember when 'this classic came out first time round'.

General comments welcome of course, but I'm mainly after thoughts on the first option from the Midland folks.... In terms of venue. At the moment, I would struggle to choose between Birmingham (Broad street), Leicester (Mosh would be perfect to end in), or Loughborough (we had a great mini meet there a couple of years ago). There would be more to do in Birmingham during the day time, Leicester is probably more accessible (hotels in the town centre wont melt your wallet, and it's straight off the M1), and Loughborough has the student appeal (but again, might leave us short with the older peeps).

Anyway, this is not an early thread where things will get organised, this is just me thinking out loud.. into GD. Its quite possible I may even forget to do anything because I have that condition.. you know, whatsitsname.

Anyway, chat along :)

Man of Honour
I'd definitely be up for the first one as long as it didn't clash with anything. The second one, possibly, but I'm getting older now and don't have the stamina I used to. As for the 3rd option, I wouldn't do that, as I'm definitely not a hardcore clubber (you've seen me dance, I know you're not surprised :p).

Soldato
Why do Loughborough when Nottingham is so much easier for me :p (and better in every way).

Edit:

And Generic meet for me, because coastal town involves travelling far, and your idea of clubbing is vastly different to mine Otacon :p

Permabanned

Gets my vote
icon14.gif

Although I wouldn't mind too much whatever the venue was. :)

Soldato
OP
Carzy said:
Why do Loughborough when Nottingham is so much easier for me :p (and better in every way).
That's actually a good call. We had a Loughborough meet a couple of years ago (so I'm told :o), and I've been a few times since then. Great venue.

Soldato
I'd go for the most accesible place out of the 3. Im in liverpool and I'd happily hook up (yes im inviting myself) but obviously the easier it is to get to, the better.

I dont know which out of the 3 options you posted would fly the highest though, a vote maybe?

Soldato
Otacon said:
  • Weekend of drunken debauchery and hardcore partying in a coastal town (be awesome, but would probably alienate those among us with a bus pass *ahem*) - Little sleep, little else but drinking and partying

Birmingham would be venue of choice for the first, Aberystwyth for the second (I'm biased, admittedly, going to uni there, but its seaside, easily accesible by train for a coastal town, and at one point it had more pubs per square mile than anywhere else in Europe ;)).

Associate
I seem to see loads of people from Nottingham round here, but I'd be up for anything, literally. Clubbing is a good idea too.

Soldato
OP
Nazbit said:
I'd go for the most accesible place out of the 3. Im in liverpool and I'd happily hook up (yes im inviting myself) but obviously the easier it is to get to, the better.

I dont know which out of the 3 options you posted would fly the highest though, a vote maybe?
Might do actually, as I should be lead by the masses.

My personal preference would be numero two, but the problem there is that I have no in depth knowledge of any prime candidates (Newquay etc), which could make it a pig to organise... then again, could be an excuse for an exploratory mission :D

Hmm, lets poll it.

Soldato
Otacon said:
Might do actually, as I should be lead by the masses.

My personal preference would be numero two, but the problem there is that I have no in depth knowledge of any prime candidates (Newquay etc), which could make it a pig to organise... then again, could be an excuse for an exploratory mission :D

Hmm, lets poll it.

Number 2 would be pretty good, but theres the practicality of it, wheres best etc.

Edit: after thinking this through some more, number 2 has my vote :D

Soldato
OP
Blackstar said:
When were you thinking about having it?
I'll decide somewhere at the end of this meet season. Should have an idea of what's going on next year by then, and more importantly, when :)

Nazbit said:
Number 2 would be pretty good, but theres the practicality of it, wheres best etc.
I dont mind putting the legwork in of course, if its at least feesible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom