Random Restarts driving me insane

Associate
I really need some help or advice.

Basically my pc keeps restarting itself for no apparent reason without warning randomly. It's Windows 10.

The strange thing is it only does it in photoshop. (as far as I can tell) and only after about 10 mins of opening a file. If I leave photoshop open without any files open it doesn't do it. I had reinstalled windows and it stopped occurring for 3 months and seems to have come back.

Here is things I've tried.

Diabled windows restart under system properties.

Disabled restart after updates

Reinstalling Adobe photoshop

Checked system logs and can't really find anything thats related.

I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions at all in this.

Soldato
The strange thing is it only does it in photoshop. (as far as I can tell) and only after about 10 mins of opening a file.

Test your RAM.

I had random restarts 18 months ago and while the RAM tested fine, I couldn't determine if the fault lay with the CPU or the motherboard so took the opportunity to upgrade.

Associate
OP
Hey Quartz thanks for the response. Sorry forgot to mention ive tested my ram as well a s it came back fine.

Didnt even think of my cpu and mobo ya know!

Associate
I started getting odd forced "windows will restart in 1 min" messages after a recent fast ring update to this pc.
Never seen these before, windows has detected a fault and will restart in 1 min - you cannot reboot, shutdown or down much other than quit the app your in.

Quite how windows has managed to detect a fault is beyond me as its spend 25 years making a habit of missing them.

Associate
OP
I started getting odd forced "windows will restart in 1 min" messages after a recent fast ring update to this pc.
Never seen these before, windows has detected a fault and will restart in 1 min - you cannot reboot, shutdown or down much other than quit the app your in.

Quite how windows has managed to detect a fault is beyond me as its spend 25 years making a habit of missing them.

Mine doesnt give me any type of warning at all it just pops up restarting and restarts.

I thought of the possibility of it being an update as well but have no real way of knowing as I dont have a system restore.

I do have it multi boot setup with a Windows for gaming I rarely use from another drive actually might be worth installing photoshop on that and seeing if that reboots but I'd assume that would be updated with the exact same update evemtually

Soldato
I really need some help or advice.

Basically my pc keeps restarting itself for no apparent reason without warning randomly. It's Windows 10.

The strange thing is it only does it in photoshop. (as far as I can tell) and only after about 10 mins of opening a file. If I leave photoshop open without any files open it doesn't do it. I had reinstalled windows and it stopped occurring for 3 months and seems to have come back.

Here is things I've tried.

Diabled windows restart under system properties.

Disabled restart after updates

Reinstalling Adobe photoshop

Checked system logs and can't really find anything thats related.

I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions at all in this.

Hmmmmm, a very odd issue - I'd be tempted to try the 'ol faithful' fix first off:

Clear the following locations (access them via Run):

%tmp%
%windir%\temp
%windir%\Prefetch (all but the layout.ini)

Stop the WU service, then clear this location (or copy the contents elsewhere if you prefer):

%windir%\SoftwareDistribution

Give it a reboot and try that.

If it fails again, check the Application and System event logs for events prior to the reboot, see if there are any Warning or Error events preceding it - maybe look to see if the reboot is invoked by User32 (iirc) or something else.

Soldato
Give your motherboard a close examination for leaking or blown capacitors. Your system is about the right age. A torch helps immensely in this.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your reply

I completley formatted my pc and was confident that would fix the issue but to my suprise its still doing it so ive literally just tried this

"

%tmp%
%windir%\temp

Stop the WU service, then clear this location (or copy the contents elsewhere if you prefer):

Give it a reboot and try that."

....and fingers crossed i dont get it again....Ill update the post

Hmmmmm, a very odd issue - I'd be tempted to try the 'ol faithful' fix first off:

%tmp%
%windir%\temp

Give it a reboot and try that.

If it fails again, check the Application and System event logs for events prior to the reboot, see if there are any Warning or Error events preceding it - maybe look to see if the reboot is invoked by User32 (iirc) or something else.

Associate
OP
this is what i got

FszMzQ5.jpg

Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

Ẅįлďθẃѕ Нéĺĺó ƒθř Бúśïñ℮şŝ φѓóνϊšíοńіиĝ ẁìľľ ŋόţ вε ℓαûńсħеð.
Đєνìċè іš ĂÀÐ јоīñëδ ( ÁÂĎЈ бґ ÐĴ++ ): Not Tested

A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established.

The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.

Are any of them even related ?

Associate
OP
what is strange and bugging me is the fact that it only appears to happen in photoshop....i think anyway, im going to run a benchmark app and see if it occurs then !

Associate
OP
right now im confused !!

So ive done all of the above, reinstalled windows as i said and just left unigines heaven running on ultra for over an hour without a single problem.

The issue seems to be specifically to adobe photoshop. Do any of you recognise any of the issues from my screenshots of the error logs above ? Ive googled each one and none of them seem related to me ? or maybe im missing something

Back
Top Bottom