Ranieri Sacked

Man of Honour
Last season was so weird, the Leicester players were playing very well, but teams made no effort to stop their style.

I thought they'd give Ranieri another game at least, the players showed some fight vs Sevilla.

Ultimately though (in the league), the players clearly weren't playing for him, so I do understand the owners, as they'd likely have gone down (and still might). It does seem a shame.

Soldato
It was simply a matter of time - Im just slightly suprirsed they actually waited this long

Sack him in Dec, give the new guy a little bit of money for transfers to get a bit of belief back in the squad and they could have held on

Surely its more likely now that they will get relegated whoever comes in to manage

Caporegime
It's going to be the same lot of underperforming players with a new manager. Hope they go down, especially with the board backing him only 2 weeks ago.

Soldato
I'm a Leicester fan, and I'm not surprised, clearly there is a problem within the club, players are just not performing anymore for Ranieri, I'm sure player power has contributed to the departure of Ranieri.

The owners don't want the club to be relegated, results have been really poor. The last time we won a league game was back in December and we've been in free fall ever since.

Man of Honour
Absolutely shocking. He took a relegation side and won the bloody league with them. He deserves to remain a legend, not be made a villain by the board.

They obviously have far too high expectations. Did they really think they would win the league again??

Soldato
Absolutely shocking. He took a relegation side and won the bloody league with them. He deserves to remain a legend, not be made a villain by the board.

They obviously have far too high expectations. Did they really think they would win the league again??

We weren't a relegation side, the previous season before Ranieri took over we finished 14th, and without a certain player called Kante.

I don't know what they were thinking, but I bet they didn't expect to be in a relegation battle this season.

Soldato
Well, that's every PL opponent's team talk done for the rest of the season. Just wave a photo of Ranieri at them and unleash the fury.

Leicester have just painted an even bigger, redder target on themselves than being Champions did.

Now who's the best man for the vacant job? Nigel Pearson?

Caporegime
It just goes to show how important staying in the Premier League has become. I bet if you gave the Leicester owners the choice between winning the Champions League and being relegated or staying up, they'd choose staying up because like many team that have gone down they might not come back for many years, if at all.

If Ranieri had managed to get them safely mid table they wouldn't have had to sack him. I think what Leicester need now is a manager who will give the players a good kick up the **** because they seem to have been on holiday most of this season.

Back
Top Bottom