rapidshare down?

Associate
They must be here, I cant use it at all on SKy. Cant wait for my Be internet to take over.

Sky = RUBBISH.........

Just for the record, ive got BE and ive had no problems with Rapidshare, and i use it almost everyday. :)

Hopefully it will be an improvement for you over Sky.

Soldato
Seems odd this just happens sometimes with sky while for other isp's its fine and you can even use https or ssl and it will magically work again (sometimes), megaupload has been acting slow at the moment and thats if it works at all, try it and see what happens if you're on sky, interesting...

Soldato
rapidshare is pathetic if you only want to get the odd small thing someone uploads, it's too slow to be anything but a painfully annoying experience now, i remember it being somewhat ok a year or so ago, what happened? it's a shame its still so popular.

Soldato
rapidshare is pathetic if you only want to get the odd small thing someone uploads, it's too slow to be anything but a painfully annoying experience now, i remember it being somewhat ok a year or so ago, what happened? it's a shame its still so popular.

Always maxes out my connection. Downloading at 1.6 mb/s second right now.

Soldato

Only you mate. I've never had a problem with RapidShare. Their support lines are also excellent. Always maxes out my connection at 2.1MB/s.

Soldato
Always maxes out my connection. Downloading at 1.6 mb/s second right now.

I guess you pay for it and use it a lot?

I only ever use it for the odd file but then i don't download much anyway, when i do have to use it, its annoying, most other sites seem to handle a lot of files like download.com and gaming sites for demos and stuff so whats up with these kind of file hosts?

Soldato
OP
https://ssl.rapidshare.com/ works fine.

Downloads dont work however as they come from

http://rapidshare.com/files/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is it something to do with Sky DNS problems?

edit - Looks like i was right. Using these DNS servers work. Downloads now working (and the net is faster than before, as are my downloads)

Primary DNS 208.67.222.222
Secondry DNS 208.67.220.220

edit 2 - nope, doesnt work with those dns server now. Just sticks on 'waiting for www.rapidshare.com...'

edit 3 - working again, not sure for how long though...

Last edited:
Associate
Theres defiantly a problem guys ! I've been down all day, http 500 error, got it working a little using ssl. but the downloads came up as a internet document. Its gotta be sky broadband :(

Any Ideas now ? Or will I have to start taking heroin to replace my addiction :/

Last edited:
Associate
Try adding these two lines into your hosts file C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts (open it with notepad)
195.122.131.46 rapidshare.com
195.122.131.46 www.rapidshare.com

That has sorted out past problems for me.

Associate
Try adding these two lines into your hosts file C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts (open it with notepad)
195.122.131.46 rapidshare.com
195.122.131.46 www.rapidshare.com

That has sorted out past problems for me.

Cool, seems to be faster loading, haven't tried downloading yet. How does that host work ?

It works on downloading but soooo much slower, any ideas ?

also I can't get it working on firefox downthemall addon :(

Last edited:
Associate
I think it maps hostnames to IP addresses but i could be wrong and the IP is that of rapidshare or at least one of their servers.

Back
Top Bottom