Raptor - Windows or Program Files?

Soldato
Was thinking of getting a raptor for when i format the PC ive got at the moment but what has the greater benefit, putting windows on the raptor and keeping program files/folders on a seperate drive, putting windows on a seperate drive and program files on the raptor, or partition the raptor into 2 and having windows on partition 1 and program files on partition 2 ?

Soldato
do you use a lot of programs i assume?
i'd probably just have the one raptor with 2 partitions, about 7GB for windows & swap file and the rest for programs (about 26GB)

Soldato
OP
well for program files, would it make a difference if i put every program onto the raptor, or just programs such as dvd players, photoshop, flash, illustrator, anti virus, firewall. and leave things like games off it ?
or put everything onto it in the 2 partitions ?

Associate
I'd have the Windows and Program Files on the Raptor, and (assuming the other drive is half decent) the page file on the other drive along with all the remaining documents, music, etc.

Actually, although I've heard that it's beneficial to have the page file on a different physical drive, I'm not sure whether it's enough of a difference to justify not putting it on the Raptor (which is a much faster drive overall)... Maybe worth experimenting.

Back
Top Bottom