Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Associate
Another PS exclusive makes the move to PC. Nixxes are handling this one, so it should at least be in better shape than TLOU.

From Steam;

PC Features​

• Blast your way through an interdimensional adventure as Ratchet and Clank make their way to PC for the very first time!
  • Wrap your eyes around delightful, diverse dimensions, with ultra-wide support for 21:9, 32:9, and 48:9 (triple monitor support) resolutions!*
  • See the omniverse brought to life with the option of unlocked frame rates! You can also enjoy ray-traced reflections, as well as newly added, ray-traced shadows for exteriors.**
  • Witness the very latest, performance-enhancing upscaling technologies for yourself, including NVIDIA DLSS 3, AMD FSR 2, Intel XeSS and Insomniac Games’ Temporal Injection. NVIDIA Reflex and image quality-enhancing NVIDIA DLAA are also supported.
  • Choose from a wide variety of graphics quality options to tailor to a wide range of devices, all the way from high-end PCs to portable PC gaming devices.
  • Play with the DualSense™ controller to experience haptic feedback and dynamic trigger effects.*** Or choose mouse and keyboard – with a wide range of control customization options.
  • Includes support for achievements and cloud saves on PC game launchers.

Last edited:
played it on ps5 on release (in fact I think it came with my console?) anyway its alright. pretty fun game, nothing crazy.
The haptic feedback on the ps5 controller is actually more annoying then a must have feature.

Last edited:
Flippin' heck. I wish they wouldn't just do the latest versions of things and start at the first ones. OK, no need to port every R&C game but the original one that they tarted up for the movie a few years ago would have been ideal. It's a fantastic game. Same with Uncharted. I guess we are never going to see 1-3 on PC.

Flippin' heck. I wish they wouldn't just do the latest versions of things and start at the first ones. OK, no need to port every R&C game but the original one that they tarted up for the movie a few years ago would have been ideal. It's a fantastic game. Same with Uncharted. I guess we are never going to see 1-3 on PC.
I never played a Ratchet and Clank game prior to Rift Apart and it all made sense to me. Not a complex plot by any means.

Thought it was excellent by the way. I seem to recall playing it at 40fps on PS5

Last edited:
Such a fun game with some brilliant moments. It’s like playing a Pixar movie. The controller haptics are well worth having, although they are a tad overdone.

Last edited:
no that was overblown nonsense. nothing fundamental to the game relies on the world loading that fast. its mostly just used for portal stuff that are part of set pieces.
I think the point the devs were making is that it wouldn't have been possible on the ropey 5400rpm SATA II drives that the PS4 was lumbered with.

Some people took it that it absolutely needed PS5's fast NVMe SSD and wouldn't run on anything else.

Official specs out, and they're pretty damn awesome

It's Nixxes, so a perfect PC release is to be expected.

Game supports:
DLSS 3
XeSS
FSR 2
RTAO RT shadows, RT reflections
DirectStorage 1.2 with GPU decompression

Colour me hyped.

Last edited:
This Will be the go to benchmark game I have no doubt that reviewers will use to test hardware against now.

Last edited:
It's going to be absolutely fascinating to see all the quirks with this game

It's not just about driving more frames, it's also about how fast can your GPU push frames while decompressing dozens of gigabytes of a data in real time

I have so many questions; but we will find out if there is any performance difference between brands, we'll find out if the rest of the PC specs matter and well even find out if DirectStorage increases VRAM temperature

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom