Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Sorry for my ignorance but could this also be an OS issue, specifically win11? Anyone on Win 10 tested this or is this just solely driver related?

Don't know sorry, fwiw I'm on Windows 11. All I know is that removing the 2 direct storage DLL files completely fixes the framepacing issues in this game and has zero negative side effects that I'm aware of so far on my rig.

With the latest patches the frame pacing isn't terrible in this game without doing this fix, but it's bad enough for me.
Some people just don't seem to notice frame pacing issues or micro judders, or just don't seem to care? I think a lot of this is because many PC gamers use mouse and keyboard and it's not as noticable when they quickly and erratically throw the mouse around when viewing the world. I play most games with a controller and like to do smooth pans and any frame pacing issues are much more noticeable this way.

Last edited:
Don't know sorry, fwiw I'm on Windows 11. All I know is that removing the 2 direct storage DLL files completely fixes the framepacing issues in this game and has zero negative side effects that I'm aware of so far on my rig.

With the latest patches the frame pacing isn't terrible in this game without doing this fix, but it's bad enough for me.
Some people just don't seem to notice frame pacing issues or micro judders, or just don't seem to care? I think a lot of this is because many PC gamers use mouse and keyboard and it's not as noticable when they quickly and erratically throw the mouse around when viewing the world. I play most games with a controller and like to do smooth pans and any frame pacing issues are much more noticeable this way.

Yup I'm the same as you, any micro judders/fps drops would annoy me too.

It'll be interesting to see future MS patch/update notes, especially as more games adopt this

Yup I'm the same as you, any micro judders/fps drops would annoy me too.

It'll be interesting to see future MS patch/update notes, especially as more games adopt this

Micro judders/ bad frame pacing is the devil's arrrrsehole. At the moment direct storage is also a pointless dead duck.

Have to say now I've got it running perfectly I'm loving this, it's my game of the year so far.

Last edited:
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart v1.815.0.0 Patch Notes

• Resolved a crash on start-up that could occur on Linux systems or configurations where NVIDIA Streamline is not active.
  • Fixed an incorrect prompt display for the Chain Select option at Mrs. Zurkon when using an Xbox controller.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a visual jitter effect on water bodies and puddles.
  • Various user interface improvements and bug fixes for Photo Mode and other in-game menus and popups.

New patch today v1.922.0.0 :)

Today's update for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart contains a list of bug fixes and improvements, based on feedback from players. We have resolved some frame rate related issues, fixed flickering ray-traced shadows on certain enemies and objects and improved the Rift transitions in the Speetle Course challenge.

This patch also resolves ghosting that was visible in menus and the interface when using AMD FSR 2.2 upscaling and eliminates artifacts in ray-traced reflections on some smooth surfaces. We've also made improvements to controller support when using Steam Input. Read the patch notes below for more details on all the changes in this patch.

Thank you for playing Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart on PC and for sharing all your feedback!

Patch Notes​

• Improved Rift transitions during the Awesome Bugtrax Done Quick Speetle Course Challenge.
  • Bouncer and Heavy Bouncer weapons now work properly at frame rates above 60 FPS.
  • Swing distance no longer decreases at high frame rates.
  • Fixed ghosting visible in menus and the user interface when using FSR 2.2 upscaling.
  • Left and right controller triggers now use analog values when using Steam Input. This enables ‘half button press’ weapon functionality with Steam Input.
  • Corrected an issue with left stick diagonal controller input when Steam Input is not active.
  • Resolved flickering ray-traced shadows on enemies and objects, including Grunthors, Goon Dropships, Seekerpedes and Sand Sharks.
  • Eliminated artifacts in ray-traced reflections on some smooth surfaces, like the floor in Zurkie's Gastropub.
  • The game now restarts when changing the text language to Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese, to ensure text is displayed correctly.
  • Fixed missing and incorrect button hints in Photo Mode.
  • Steam Input Gyro Camera is now correctly mirrored in Mirror Mode.
  • AMD FSR 2.2 version number is now displayed correctly in the menu and launcher.
  • Stability improvements.

Back
Top Bottom