Rate my 2 day workout...

Soldato
Hey folks, I have been a keen gym goer over the last few years, not looking to be the next Arnie or compete in comps etc! Just keep a general good fitness level.

I enjoy going twice a week, it keeps a desire to go without getting bored and quitting like all of my friends over the years have done.

Have tried some things over the years but the latest I have settled on, on a 2 day weekly workout;

Day 1

5-10 min cardio warmup - Just to get a bit of movement!
3 x 8 Dips
3 x 6 Pull Ups
3 x 8 Overhead Military Press superset with 3 x 6 Deadlift
4 x 25 Tricep rope pull downs
3 x 8 Side lat raises.

Day 2

Short cardio warmup as Day 1
3 x 8 Dips
3 x 6 Chin-ups
3 x 6 Deadlift
3 x 10 Seated row
4 x 25 Bicep rope curls
3 x 8 Side Lat raises

I know it’s not as complex as some workouts and a few things are missing (bench press / more leg work) but I was aiming for it to be more an all over type workout and it takes about an hour or just over so a decent amount of time without getting boring.

Would welcome any views / improvement suggestions.

Associate
Where's quads?
I'd stick in something like Zercher's or Front squats on Day 2 either at begining or after seated row, or ideally both days either at begining (as you have upper as start) or in middle.
Also are you doing military press standing? (assume you are), I wouldn't superset with deadlift personally as I'd feel it limiting as that can be a lot of core/lower back strain with minimal rest - guess depends how heavy your going.

Hopefully someone else will chip in and either agree or tell me to shut up, just my thoughts though :p:D

Man of Honour
Ditch most of that and learn to squat. Or at least do some split squats.

You have very little that actually works your core there, too, so I think you really need to rethink this...

But, if you're happy then carry on (that begs the question of why you asked in the first place, however)...

Back
Top Bottom