Rattling noise from BeQuiet Silent Loop

Soldato
Seems completely random and will normally shut up by itself after a few minutes. I'm guessing the impellor is moving off the pump spindle and rubbing on the housing as the pump speed will drop down to 500rpm when the noise starts (normally 2200rpm).
Have heard similar style noises from things with bad/worn bearing...
And any loose in impeller axis etc will certainly make sure that loose just keeps growing.

Soldato
OP
Despite the issues I had with mine, I can't fault BeQuiet's CS at all.

They replaced the unit without any questions (granted I sent videos to show the noise) and the replacement was here within a week IIRC. I think it cost £7 to send it back to BeQuiet in Germany.

I sold the replacement and bought a Noctua D15.

Last edited:
Soldato
Old thread revival, but mine has been making noises from about 6 months old. Well it died last night so don't ignore it..

Sad to hear, but probably low coolant level / air in the pump .. and that kind of thing does eventually often take out the pump. How old is it and when was last time you topped up coolant?

Soldato
Sad to hear, but probably low coolant level / air in the pump .. and that kind of thing does eventually often take out the pump. How old is it and when was last time you topped up coolant?

DOP OCT 2017. Topped it up sept 2018.

Bought a H150i Pro for moare RGB's

Soldato
As be quiet! Silent Loop has no reservoir it needs topped up more often than custom loops. Where was radiator? Was pump highest point in loop?

I agree, more RGB's. :D

I am interested in maybe getting your Silent Loop to investigate the damage. If that's okay with you could you drop me a trust message?

Soldato
As be quiet! Silent Loop has no reservoir it needs topped up more often than custom loops. Where was radiator? Was pump highest point in loop?

I am interested in maybe getting your Silent Loop to investigate the damage. If that's okay with you could you drop me a trust message?

Rad was at the top of my case. Pump obv lower on the CPU

Where abouts are you based. I may have a courier near by.

Soldato

If you get anywhere please update this thread, I brought one second hand ages ago and it will start rattling after a while. Stripped it down multiple times and refilled but can't really see what is causing it. Always found some small bits of debris when I stripped it down but nothing I think would cause the amount of noise it produces when it starts to really rattle.

For me I have to have the rad in the front but there is still a part of the rad that is higher than the pump.

Soldato
If mattyg and I work something out I will definitely post up what I find / figure out.

As per my post in another thread I'm having email issues today. Which is a giant pain. I can receive but now it looks like sending is borked..
I've got your message mate. Email me your address and I'll see how close my drivers are I have 2 in that area as I deal with a Lab in NA

Soldato
As per my post in another thread I'm having email issues today. Which is a giant pain. I can receive but now it looks like sending is borked..
I've got your message mate. Email me your address and I'll see how close my drivers are I have 2 in that area as I deal with a Lab in NA
I would be in a world of hurt without email. Hope they get your's fixed soon. Sent you my addy. No rush so take your time.

Soldato
Yeah the sender has been real crap........
Not at all. We all forget things, and besides you were dealing with major problems with email too. Not sure how, but reading my post I can see I could have worded it better. :o I posted that before you emailed me you and had a brain fade and forgot it was in your boot. :p I'm sure I'm not the only one who as done similar at least once.

Soldato
Not at all. We all forget things, and besides you were dealing with major problems with email too. Not sure how, but reading my post I can see I could have worded it better. :o I posted that before you emailed me you and had a brain fade and forgot it was in your boot. :p I'm sure I'm not the only one who as done similar at least once.

Mate I didn't take it the wrong way. All's good.

Associate
My first be quiet! Silent Loop 240 I bought in 2018 had this issue after 1.5 months of use and I RMA'd it, a process that took months. The replacement had the same issue after 1-2 months of use, so I decided to try and fix it myself starting with a full drain of the current liquid. I found a ton of white flakes in the liquid and saved a little bottle of some of it.
fOD5Evb.jpg

LctdI0q

Looks like a snow globe, right? So, I completely drained the unit which took a while, and then I suspended the water block to a ladder with zip ties after buying some components to attach a hose to the fill port, rigged a power supply to power the unit from a wall socket, turned on the power and started filling while shaking the radiator vigorously. I did this over the course of a day, filling more and more as the water went down into the block, radiator hoses, and radiator, and the noise was gone. a few months later I had to change CPUs and decided to check if it needed a top up, which it did. In my opinion there are two issues with this silent loop 240. One, it is not air tight and over time the liquid evaorates. I've never had this issue with any of corsairs water coolers; I own two corsair AIOs and have had them for 7-9 years and both are still running flawlessly. Two, the original liquid either had kalk in it (as if they used tap water in a hard water area of germany or switzerland for the AIO liquid) or some other mineral build up from corrosion inside the unit and that along with a dwindling liquid supply due to a bad seal leads to the air pockets and grinding and loud noises from the pump.
GOgDSMN.jpg
7IgzfuG.jpg
mL2xJVj

SR8SUfk

Back
Top Bottom