1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-racking weights..

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Reeve, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Reeve

Mobster

I do this if i'm using weights in the same area. I have rest time between sets and nothing better to do and try to set an example but the next person to use the equipment will most likely just mess it up again.

2. Trappi$t

Perma Banned

Well im off down the gym at 23:45, which is ludicrous, and will really upset my body clock... sigh.
    This at least is one advantage of the 24hr gyms.

3. kaptainmarc

Mobster

Bench last night :)

[​IMG]

The dumbell area had 1 set of dumbells on the rack

4. Skidder

Man of Honour

Jeez, that would grate.

5. Syla5

Mobster

That's exactly what I am saying. The manager says they don't have time to individually track the troglodytes so a fake board as deterrent is the easy out for them.

6. adey

Hitman

no one uses my little ones so its not a problem for me :D

7. danlightbulb

Wise Guy

I used to go to a pure gym. Left a while back because equipment started to break and wasnt being replaced, and my calls to the manager to get another couple of squat racks were totally ignored (it was becoming impossible to get on them at the peak time of day that I could attend).

Problem is there are no alternatives where i live, so I just stopped lifting, which is a shame because it was beneficial.

A perfect gym would be a warehouse with a row of twenty racks each with their own bar and set of plates. We'll never see that in the UK.

8. Skidder

Man of Honour

the gym I used to go to had a 25m pool, spa, saunas, probably 30 elliptical machines, a whole floor of spin bikes and treadmills, six rowers and just one rack!

9. kindai

Soldato

and I bet all that cardio equipment, no more than half a dozen in use at any one time?

10. Defy Belief

Wise Guy

Also a previous member at PureGym Gloucester which was bad for this.

I now train at Nuffield Health and the etiquette is MUCH better.

11. Skidder

Man of Honour

With the exception of the first three or four weeks of January every year for the resolution rush.

12. SC0TTRS

Wise Guy

Only needed to read the title OP, war & peace was not needed... :rolleyes:

Happens everywhere, never been to a gym where stuff has 'consistently' been put back properly...

13. SpeedFreak

Soldato

Never been to a Pure Gym but Nuffield has always been good in my experience.

14. tom_e

Man of Honour

Considering the price of some of the Nuffield gyms there should be someone to follow each member clearing up after them :D

15. neoboy

Capodecina

Yeah PureGym is a nightmare for this but I can't grumble at the price, I pay £9 for off peak membership. I just see it as an extra workout trying to find everything :D

16. Lopéz

Man of Honour

This doesn't happen much with plates at my gym, but it happens a lot with dumbbells. People seem to gather 4 or 5 sets of dumbbells for various exercises, then just wander off and leave them in a pile.

17. kindai

Soldato

I can live with that, the one that does my head in is when people dont put the dumbels back in the rack in pairs.

18. CaptainShiznit

Gangster

Looks just like my local Xercise4Less

19. BennyC

Capodecina

It is not relative to what you pay for membership? Granted you'll get degenerates in every gym and there's no direct correlation but a more affluent establishment I expect to have a higher level of etiquette.

Now paying £10pm I expect the place to look like a bomb-site and quite frankly don't care a great deal, if I find a pile of plates like that I'll leave them like that too.

£30-40-50+pm I want things organised and tidy.

20. neoboy

Capodecina

Basically, which is why it doesn't bother me at Pure.