Re-racking weights..

Soldato
OP
Why not make re-racking all the loose and misplaced weights part of your workout? Work smarter, not harder :p
I do this if i'm using weights in the same area. I have rest time between sets and nothing better to do and try to set an example but the next person to use the equipment will most likely just mess it up again.

Permabanned
Well im off down the gym at 23:45, which is ludicrous, and will really upset my body clock... sigh.
This at least is one advantage of the 24hr gyms.

Soldato
Are you suggesting the gym manager does not suspend people at all and instead the board behaves similar to how a fake security camera is a deterrent for thieves? That could possibly work
That's exactly what I am saying. The manager says they don't have time to individually track the troglodytes so a fake board as deterrent is the easy out for them.

Soldato
I used to go to a pure gym. Left a while back because equipment started to break and wasnt being replaced, and my calls to the manager to get another couple of squat racks were totally ignored (it was becoming impossible to get on them at the peak time of day that I could attend).

Problem is there are no alternatives where i live, so I just stopped lifting, which is a shame because it was beneficial.

A perfect gym would be a warehouse with a row of twenty racks each with their own bar and set of plates. We'll never see that in the UK.

Man of Honour
the gym I used to go to had a 25m pool, spa, saunas, probably 30 elliptical machines, a whole floor of spin bikes and treadmills, six rowers and just one rack!

Associate
Only needed to read the title OP, war & peace was not needed... :rolleyes:

Happens everywhere, never been to a gym where stuff has 'consistently' been put back properly...

Soldato
Yeah PureGym is a nightmare for this but I can't grumble at the price, I pay £9 for off peak membership. I just see it as an extra workout trying to find everything :D

Man of Honour
This doesn't happen much with plates at my gym, but it happens a lot with dumbbells. People seem to gather 4 or 5 sets of dumbbells for various exercises, then just wander off and leave them in a pile.

Sgarrista
Commissario
This doesn't happen much with plates at my gym, but it happens a lot with dumbbells. People seem to gather 4 or 5 sets of dumbbells for various exercises, then just wander off and leave them in a pile.

I can live with that, the one that does my head in is when people dont put the dumbels back in the rack in pairs.

Soldato
It is not relative to what you pay for membership? Granted you'll get degenerates in every gym and there's no direct correlation but a more affluent establishment I expect to have a higher level of etiquette.

Now paying £10pm I expect the place to look like a bomb-site and quite frankly don't care a great deal, if I find a pile of plates like that I'll leave them like that too.

£30-40-50+pm I want things organised and tidy.

Back
Top Bottom