Recommend a Baby Monitor please

Associate
Evening. The Mrs and I are expecting our 1st child this summer :) Im looking at getting a decent baby monitor setup. Im looking for something that does everything well ( Night Vision, Sound, Video Quality) Budget is around £100/£150. Thanks

Soldato
Associate
OP
We’ve had this one for 2 years now. Works fine in day/night mode. Good audio quality too. Only issue is over time the battery does degrade but you can plug it in to a normal micro usb charger as well as the wall socket charger anytime.

Motorola MBP36S Night Vision Digital Video Baby Monitor - White

https://www.babymonitorsdirect.co.uk/motorola-mbp36s-video-baby-monitor-large-screen.html?

Have my eye on that one Liquid but I have been seeing reviews of the USB socket breaking and some other issues?

Soldato
Have my eye on that one Liquid but I have been seeing reviews of the USB socket breaking and some other issues?
We have one of these picked it up second hand on the bay and it's a great bit of kit picture quality is great with the night vision being good and the range is fantastic. We also have a big standard sound only BT one that is great value for money.

Soldato
I have a cheapo Motorola one and it is plenty. Unless you live in a mansion you'll know all about it anyway. Naturally you'll be paranoid as **** that they've somehow died in their sleep for a while (that doesn't go away, in my experience, but it is limited to when they sleep through the whole night), but your money is best spent on the mountains of nappies, muslin squares, wipes, baby grows etc that you'll burn through.

Soldato
Totally agree with devrij. Spend most of your money on nappies and wipes.

Our boy slept through the night from 5 months. I used to wake up at every noise on the monitor to excess and suffered bad sleep because of it. Definitely no need for all those pressure sensors and the like. They are babies they roll around everywhere.

Associate
We’ve had this one for 2 years now. Works fine in day/night mode. Good audio quality too. Only issue is over time the battery does degrade but you can plug it in to a normal micro usb charger as well as the wall socket charger anytime.

Motorola MBP36S Night Vision Digital Video Baby Monitor - White

We have this one swell. Been working fine for 17 months, with no real lost in battery performance, though we have it plugged in most of the time. The night vision is really good. Most useful feature is the two way audiot, so we can talk to our lad when he wakes up screaming. Don't have to get out of bed to reassure him.

Back
Top Bottom