Recommend an upgrade

Soldato
But they are big speakers. not desk top speakers. lol;

The warfrdale 12.x are kinda perfect.

Dimensions WxHxD (mm)

150 x 265 x 228
:confused:

I'm still running old skool creative T20's as pc speakers, for gaming, for what it's worth. Brilliant speakers for gaming and music.

But I do have an audio out to a 20 year old kenwood AV amp, with tannoy speakers for my TV when I want to go wild.

H x D x W

ILouds MTM are 264mm/10.39" x 160mm/6.3" x 130mm/5.12"

Yamaha HS8 are 390mm/15.4" x 334mm/13.1" x 250mm/9.8"

Creative gigaworks t40 series ii are 313mm/12.32" x 143mm/5.63" x 88mm/3.46"

The iLouds are desktop speakers/studio monitors ...

e9GuyVm.jpg

D8QogmN.jpg

Vwn9T5o.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies folks.
I will look at the various suggestions mentioned:
Prodip Pro 5s
Lepy amp plus Diamond 9s
Tangent amp plus diamond 12s
Ik iLoud mtm speakers

I have Mission mx1s and Tannoy F1s in other rooms with Keff Egg 5.1s for the lounge so have a reasonable idea on the sound I can expect from bookshelf stuff.
Was kinda hoping there were other decent options!
Not keen on soundbars tbh, but thanks for the suggestion.
Current pc has a decent sound card, likely to get a new one early next year and will either have a card or go to an external dac.

Cheers all

Soldato
You can't defy the law of physics. With speakers that small you'll need a subwoofer to bring up the low end
Try them ... first.. and you will be surprised. I was same .. and why I didn't buy them when they came out and was like yes the reviews and peoples comments are either fake or they never heard good speakers.

I'll tell you one thing day I heard them I was like never again judge audio gear that way.. Some very clever tech in them. Seriously try them and return them or find somewhere that has them to test, but I bet you one thing if you buy to try, you will keep them as I did.

Soldato
Try them ... first.. and you will be surprised. I was same .. and why I didn't buy them when they came out and was like yes the reviews and peoples comments are either fake or they never heard good speakers.

I'll tell you one thing day I heard them I was like never again judge audio gear that way.. Some very clever tech in them. Seriously try them and return them or find somewhere that has them to test, but I bet you one thing if you buy to try, you will keep them as I did.

I have high end speakers with a much wider frequency response than those. A sub is still required.

Soldato
KEF reference floorstanders.

Those iloud speakers will require a subwoofer, since they're active I'd use the pc soundcard to filter out bass direct it to a sub.
They don't need a sub they are near field monitors not dance club speakers and they produce more bass and sub bass than you can imagine for their size.. Now back to what do you have? Got some model numbers of the gear you have and some photos.? Like to see what audio gear you own and what you are judging against. Because some of my audio gear will make 99% of home consumer audio look like toys.. Unless you own some focal utopia speakers? ;)

I'm a bigger audio nerd than a pc nerd when it comes to gear. So be ready.. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
They don't need a sub they are near field monitors not dance club speakers and they produce more bass and sub bass than you can imagine for their size.. Now back to what do you have? Got some model numbers of the gear you have and some photos.? Like to see what audio gear you own and what you are judging against. Because some of my audio gear will make 99% of home consumer audio look like toys.. Unless you own some focal utopia speakers? ;)

I'm a bigger audio nerd than a pc nerd when it comes to gear. So be ready.. :D

I already told you, Kef Reference.

Those iloud MTB go down to 50hz. That's not bad but still missing a fair amount, for movies especially.

Back
Top Bottom