Recommend Games for 7 year old

Associate
Hi,

I've put together a gaming computer for my boy for xmas. (i7 4790, 8GB RAM, GTX 970)

I've been looking at games to put on there for him, at the moment he's constantly on Minecraft on my home office computer but i'd like him to play some other games as well.

The problem is, although a lot of the games look great and I'll probably play them :p they don't look suitable for his age group (extreme violence, swearing etc.)

Can anyone recommend some suitable games?

Associate
Lego games for sure, they're all very good and often available cheap in sales.

Otherwise, minecraft, terraria are good. Trine is a nice game, my kids played around that age.

Soldato
Duck Game
Toy Box Turbos (modern day micromachines reboot)
Star Wars Battlefront - can be picked up for cheap now and whilst the single player mode has no longevity for older players, my 5 & 6 year old sons love it. Good clean Star Wars action.
Human Fall Flat
Freedom Planet
Rayman Origins
Pyschonauts
Five nights at Freddy's (jump scare games that are crazy popular with kids at the moment - no gore or violence)
The Transformer games should be innocent enough too.

The Disney Infinity games are really good - you can buy the Disney 3.0 Gold Edition through steam at the moment - it includes all the Star Wars levels and characters - there is hours and hours of great gaming in there - my boys had these for their xbox but I also downloaded it to my PC and was able to use the codes that came with the game packs they had to unlock it for myself. I completed them all too - they are probably the best Star Wars games to be released since the Jedi Academy games over 10 years ago.

Soldato
Minecraft Story mode (actually good fun to play with them)
Astroneer
Castaway Paradise
Lego Marvel Super Heroes ( My daughter loves this, lets them play as tons of characters and explore. Two player split screen too if you have two gamepads!)
Lego Worlds
Stardew Valley
Starbound
There's Poop in my soup
Awesomenauts
Blazerush
Crayon Physics deluxe
Tiny Brains
Catlateral Damage
Sonic and All-star racing transformed (Mario Kart basically - fantastic game)

Soldato
All games has age rating labels, there are lots of games with ESRB E rating suitable for everyone age and PEGI 3 rating suitable for 3 years old and over or PEGI 7 rating suitable for 7 years old and over.

There are some free games I would recommend for your son to try out:

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex - PEGI 3
Forza Motorsport 7 Demo - PEGI 3
SteamWorld Dig - PEGI 7

My 9 years old niece Sarah been played Minecraft - PEGI 7 and Angry Birds games - PEGI 3 on my PC and played other games like Planet Coaster - ESRB E on his dad laptop too.

Latest PC games below are suitable for your son:

Elite: Dangerous - PEGI 7
F1 2017 - PEGI 3
FIFA 18 - PEGI 3
Project CARS 2 - PEGI 3
RiME - PEGI 7

You can search full list of what contents games have with each description and summary on PEGI and ESRB websites.

http://www.pegi.info/en/index/
http://www.esrb.org/

Associate
The PEGI rating isn't indicative of the game being aimed at that age group, it's a rating of the content within the game. Your first example being I would not recommend Elite Dangerous for a 7 year old.

Associate
Kids don't tend to skip around games, if he likes Minecraft leave him to it, it's probably the most kid friendly game around anyway and he'll only keep going back to it whatever you want him to play. My kids are still playing it after 5+ years, they've moved to other stuff as well but it's the one game they go back to and play together regularly (which is nice cos normally they wind each other up constantly).

Back
Top Bottom