Recommend me some Martial Arts films

Caporegime
:D

looks like a good one too :)

Its great, quite gritty etc.. and very violent/bloody. But a fantastic Samurai film.

As a random suggestion, not a film but a Netflix series, try Kingdom, it was suggested on here in another thread and I'm so glad I watched it... Korean nobles rather than Samurais in Edo period Japan... but similar enough kind of feel to the sort of feudal Asian setting. Not strictly a martial arts film/series per say but could certainly appeal given you like that stuff.

Caporegime
LOL, yeah an army of people who will willingly throw themselves on the floor when he tries his Aikido moves... its just LARPing:

An army of people throw themselves to the floor... you mean two, when he's besties with Putin, two people who put up no defence and try nothing to 'attack' him, but immediately flop over with the slightest hand movement. IT's literally an exhibition for him to look good in front of a crowd in. Even without larping and faking it, most such exhibitions are literally choreographed to show off moves, not to be a genuine fight and not to show up a big name in any way. You are posting a video of a situation in which he will absolutely be being helped to make him look good, and it still looks ridiculous and staged.

Caporegime
An army of people throw themselves to the floor... you mean two
Nope I mean an army of people who will willingly throw themselves on the floor as per my reply to the poster talking about.... an army of people.

You are posting a video of a situation in which he will absolutely be being helped to make him look good, and it still looks ridiculous and staged.
Yes, it does look ridiculous doesn't it! That's sort of the point...

Associate
Prodigal Son is so funny, especially if you find the dubbed english version, you will cry with laughter.

While I don't mind the the dubs, i'm usually more at home with the subs. My dad started me off with them back in the day and kinda preferred them ever since. The one thing I hate about the dub versions is that they sometimes redo the original OSTs and leave out the original intended tracks. Wheel on meals and fist of legend is a prime example.

Original:

(shudder...) Dubbed:

Last edited:
Permabanned
While I don't mind the the dubs, i'm usually more at home with the subs. My dad started me off with them back in the day and kinda preferred them ever since. The one thing I hate about the dub versions is that they sometimes redo the original OSTs and leave out the original intended tracks. Wheel on meals and fist of legend is a prime example.

Indeed, the dubs often ruin the movie. Drunken Master II, the US dubbed version is appalling, they ruined the music AND the sound effects, much better in Cantonese with the original soundtrack.

Soldato
Indeed, the dubs often ruin the movie. Drunken Master II, the US dubbed version is appalling, they ruined the music AND the sound effects, much better in Cantonese with the original soundtrack.
Only prodigal son is funny with the dub i saw casting the bald cool guy as having the campest lispy gay voice which makes the rest of the film hilarious, the dialogue is great too

Associate
Police story! Jackie at his best, the end sequence is unmatched. New Police Story was also great. Akira Kurosawa.. Ran.. Seven Samurai & others.. Not martial arts but... Go watch them! Some silly fun? Try Mr Vampire.. Oh & Encounters of the spooky kind... Anything with Sammo Hung in :)

Man of Honour
See this makes more sense, as the documentary was explaining that he lied about working with navy seals and the like and he would make up crazy stories about his training but infact got his ass kicked by jackie chan, or jean cluade van damme or something... i forget, but the main take away was he is a piece of **** and a liar

There are varied accounts from people who acted in movies with him where supposedly he would antagonise people he worked with and more than once supposedly ended up getting his ass handed to him. I have no idea if any of it is true or not though - there are a fair few who have a reason to bad mouth him.

Caporegime
There are varied accounts from people who acted in movies with him where supposedly he would antagonise people he worked with and more than once supposedly ended up getting his ass handed to him. I have no idea if any of it is true or not though - there are a fair few who have a reason to bad mouth him.

From multiple accounts the guy is a massive ****. He's a "martial artist" from a time pre-MMA, when all sorts of untested Bullshido was being taught as "martial arts". Turns out he's just a fat idiot who fancies himself as a bit of a hard man.

He's somehow involved with law enforcement on a part time basis, apparently having previously offered up some of his martial arts instruction to them... he even got involved in a police raid (bizarrely involving armoured vehicles - totally not a massively excessive use of force just for the TV cameras/Seagal honest...) - seemingly not content with acting in movies he's happy to LARP in real life and take part in a bust of.... not a dangerous drugs gang... but someone suspected of being involved in **** fighting. :D

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...into-arizona-home-killing-puppy/#2fea135a7489

The story of Steven Seagal accompanying Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s raid on an Arizona man suspected of ****-fighting seems almost humorous. Almost, that is, until you think about police driving into your own home with a tank and killing your dog, which is what happened when Seagal drove a tank into Jesus Llovera’s house.

Seagal told a local radio station that animal cruelty was one of his pet peeves, and since the bust was an animal cruelty bust – which apparently requires the use of several armored cars, a tank, and dozens of sheriff’s deputies in full riot gear – Seagal decided to go along for the ride…and kill hundreds of roosters and a puppy in the process.

Soldato
Police story! Jackie at his best, the end sequence is unmatched. New Police Story was also great. Akira Kurosawa.. Ran.. Seven Samurai & others.. Not martial arts but... Go watch them! Some silly fun? Try Mr Vampire.. Oh & Encounters of the spooky kind... Anything with Sammo Hung in :)
Pedicab Driver's lightsabre fight X-D

Back
Top Bottom