Recommendation for a weekend of gaming?

Associate
defo recommend bioshock infinite, its amazing! really sucks you in, gameplay is great and story is pretty good...I didn't like mordor, I found it very boring and got bored to hell after a few hrs so uninstalled it lol

Soldato
For Witcher 3 you would need about five or six weekends. It would be worth it though. But if you insist on finishing the game in one weekend, I enjoyed these shorter games lately:

South Park: Stick of Truth
SOMA
Firewatch
Doom

However, as wonderful as these games are...you should really get TW3 and accept that it will take you longer :)

Associate
Doom is another great shout, although depending on the OP it might not be too relaxing to play!

Bioshock infinite is also okay, although I'm not sure why people give it as much praise as they do.

Spec Ops the Line will hold you over for half a day, and if you are a thinker will mess with your mind a lot longer!

Soldato
Yeah I don't think Mad Max could be done in a weekend. In my opinion it's a great game for the first 30 hours or so but then it get's very repetitive. And there wasn't much of a story for me as in incentive to keep going. I gave up on it after sinking 48 hours into it. I did really enjoy the majority of those though.

Ole

Ole

Associate
OP
By way of update... spent the Friday night playing around on the Factorio demo, which was great, but not quite what I was after. This was then followed by a long Overwatch session.

On Saturday, swayed by @Paul_cz 's comments, I downloaded The Witcher 3 GOTY edition! While I don't normally have loads of time for gaming, I decided that, given the rave reviews, slowly plodding through TW3 was bound to be an awesome experience. I sunk a load of time in over the weekend - no regrets so far! It's amazing.

Any tips on a fun build for a first play-through?

Soldato
Unless playing Witcher 3 on the highest difficulty there isn't much need to min max your stats and think super hard about gear and abilities. I'd recommend picking stuff that looks fun to play with.

Learn when to roll and when to dodge. Rolling should only be used to get away from enemies when you need distance, dodging is what you should be doing far more often. You can parry humans by hitting the block button when their health bar glows red. Hitting someone who is on fire puts out the fire.

DO NOT SHOVE DIJKSTRA ASIDE FORCEFULLY.

You haven't met him yet and won't for a while plus this choice doesn't appear until the late game but it has massive consequences which are objectively severely worse than otherwise.

Last edited:
Associate
Factorio is pretty relaxing, it's more about being thoughtful and planning in advance than chaotic micromanaging; getting your production lines running as smoothly & efficiently as possible.

Haven't had much interaction with the enemies yet, but so far it's been a case of setting up a few gun turrets behind a wall, make sure they have a steady stream of ammo, and forget about it :p

Haha, you can never really "forget" about attacks, the enemies get more damaging and durable as you progress/pollute and kill more of them.

My factory now takes about 5 mins to walk across, has 1.3GW of solar power, and a continuous double-thick concrete wall with two-row-deep laser turrets around the entire perimeter, and only now can I truly forget about them :D

Just about to install nuclear power....

Soldato
Haha, you can never really "forget" about attacks, the enemies get more damaging and durable as you progress/pollute and kill more of them.

Yeah, we've gotten to that stage now!

However it's nothing an army of robots equipped with a non-stop supply of repair packs can't handle ;)

Only annoying thing is the behemoths stopping the trains!

Back
Top Bottom