Recommended SSD for ~£160?

Soldato
Hey peeps,

Looking for a decent SSD for around the £150-170 mark. Going into a mid-spec i5 laptop, to be used for web and light database development, so doesn't really need to be blazing fast, but reliability is kind of a big deal.

Thinking about a Samsung 850 Evo 500gb, but any other suggestions are welcome. If there's something equally sturdy with more capacity for similar money, I'd love to hear about it :)

Thanks!

Permabanned
I like the Sandisk, now WD products. The Samsung are a little more expensive and offer a little higher transfer though you could never tell side by side. Surprised how much Brexit has hurt the pound as I got a X300 512GB ~£90 around 14months ago and then a Ultra ii 480GB for ~£85 two months later. They are now priced ~£140.

I use my main PC for everything from developing software to watching TV via a Hauppauge card.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks Wrinkly, appreciate the thoughts :) I favour WD for mechanical hardrives, but I've no experience with them in SSD territory.

My order went in for a Samsung yesterday though, tis company money so a few quid either way makes little odds to me! But yeah, I noticed that prices have failed to fall... my 500gb Samsung 840 was cheaper when it was new!

Back
Top Bottom