Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
I was gonna wait for a price drop but I've found myself getting sucked in by the hype train and all the 9/10, 10/10, Game of the year reviews I've read so decided just to order it.

Went for PS4 as I have the Pro whereas my Xbox One is the original (non- S/X) launch version.

As others have said I'm sure it'll look best on XB1X but bear in mind that Digital Foundry will be doing some serious zoom/cropping and cherry picking their shots to highlight differences. Obviously though if you have a choice then the order to get it in will be XB1X>PS4 Pro> PS4 > Xbox S.

Soldato
Yeah, 4k native for One X is impressive and it's a nice piece of kit in general but people jumping on the DF bandwagon is a tiny bit ridiculous. I only have a Pro and no way am I buying an X when all the exclusives that interest me are on Playstation and I won't be staring at the screen from an inch away to notice a bit softer imagine or less detail on a leaf, especially that I don't have a 4k screen and I'm not getting the game on release.

Let's remember DF zooms in on the image and nitpicks quite a bit.

EDIT: Though I agree with Tony, 3fps drop at 30fps is quite a big deal. I can jump from 60 to 30 and get used to it in about 10 mins but drops below 30 will be annoying.

Soldato
Been working on my sleep pattern recently :( would love to stay up for a few hours and play it but gonna have to get an early night and play tomorrow morning before work.

Associate
Ah thanks. I'm not sure how much I would use it tbh, gotta be SOME situation it could be handy in.

Did you upgrade the HDD? I just did the thermal paste and pads inside my pro and I was quite sceptical that'd it make a big difference but it's like having a new PS4. Going to try source a Nidec fan now and replace the Delta fan in there.

Soldato
Not yet, will do next month. Had a fair few expenses this month.

My PS4 is near silent, but it does kick out a fair bit of heat, right near my multi socket and cables.

Soldato
My stepdads is 2nd hand also and his fan is proper noisy. Unless it's the PSVR causing the extra strain? Mine is second hand around.. 2016 I think and nowhere near as bad.

He gets his copy tomorrow morning when I pop into town. Seems rather excited thankfully. He didn't play much of the first game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom