Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Associate
OP
Going to look best on PS4 Pro and we get content first

PS I hate fan boys

Are you trolling? Definite Sony fanboy detected. Standard PS4 will be 900p / Pro 1080p native and maybe some upscaling but don't see that hitting 2160p - maybe 1600p. On Xbox one X its confirmed to be an Enhanced title so 4k with HDR not sure if it will be checkerboard or native - most likely checkerboard but still it is pure fact it will look better on Xbox one X.

Shawrey

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Been looking forward to this all year. Loved playing the 1st one. Said to my 13yo nephew this is the only game worth getting this year, he googled it and said nope it’s western and the new Call of duty is better. Kids know nothing.

No disrespect but your nephew was in nursery/playschool and infants school when the last great Cod's came out (Cod4, Waw and Mw2). Everything since has been "ugh" or "meh" at best. He has a lot of catching up to do on what decent Cods are ;);).

RDR2 is a day one for me.

Shawrey

Associate
OP
No doubt with the Brexit shenanigans going on and the fact the price of the £ is awful at the moment is a considerable factor in prices.

Best to VPN to Turkey and pay in Lira - prices working out some £20 cheaper in some instances.

Shawrey

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Anyone getting the special edition? Tempted as I'm sure the map will be useful to refer to rather than going into the menu to look at it etc. And a bank robbery mission sounds fun :o.

I'll be getting the special edition. Will have to pop in to the Taunton Game shop as I'm away at my partners Holiday Home that week - she is fully aware I'll be playing this :D:D. Have no Internet there so hoping the disc edition plays fine and has no major bugs that require a day 1 patch.

Shawrey

Associate
OP
I've also gone with the Special Edition.

I've read this morning that you need a minimum of 105GB available space for the game. Physical copies could come on two discs, no?

https://rockstarintel.com/2018/09/2...dr2-online-content-30-days-before-xbox-users/

IIRC there are 4 layer discs with 128GB of storage on Blu-ray however, I expect the games come compressed on the disc and unpacked on the console. Digital downloaders will crippled if this is a native 100GB+ download.

Shwarey

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
i wasn't going to preorder this but the reason info dump has got me unbelievably hyped for this game. Pretty much every aspect looks stunning and the level of detail that rockstar are seemingly going into is insane. I've preordered digitally for the 2 day head start on the download. :D

Has it been confirmed when the pre-load is?

If its got a concrete date - I may as well order digitally as I am away the weekend of release to my holiday home and will have no internet bar tethering to my iPhone.

Shawrey

Associate
OP
Thanks, I like the idea of you have to travel there by foot or by horse, unlike GTA you could use a chopper! Makes it more interesting - Although I am sure there will be some fast travel mechanic?

I love this detail :-

I am slightly concerned about the bodies rotting away though. Think back to Skyrim days where items and NPC's would be left where they were... memory leaks all over the place... I am hoping there is some clever programming that notes what was left and how old it is but isn't perma rendered there (unlike Skyrim).

Shawrey

Associate
OP
That video felt like it went by in seconds. Definite digital buy for me as I'll be on this a lot. We need to get an ocuk posse going, kill some varmints :D

I'm gonna not get a wash the entire game, see if the smell will take the end boss down without a shot fired.

*Waits for horse to buck you off cause he don't want no stinking cowboy/outlaw on his back* :D:D

Shawrey

Associate
OP
Is it worth upgrading to a pro for this or should I play it on base ps4 ? Will it make much of a difference ?

First question should be is, do you have 4K HDR compatible TV? If so, go with the Xbox One X over the Pro as the X should always beat the Pro in multiplats as it is by far the more powerful console.

If 1080p TV - wouldn't bother with the upgrade to either the Pro or the X unless loading times mean anything to you.

Shawrey

Associate
OP
Will this be 1440p upscaled to 4k checkerboarding 30fps on ps4pro? I guess neither the ps4 pro or the xb1x will get 60fps right?

No one has mentioned specifics yet - probably under NDA until reviews are allowed out.

I would imagine PS4 Pro will be using dynamic resolution with either 1440/1600 locked on the vertical axis. I would hope the X has 4k checkerboard given that it is supposed to be an X Enhanced title.

Shawrey

Back
Top Bottom