Red Nose Day post auction etc.

Will this auction hit major activity in the last 10 minutes ala ebay (I can mention a competitor if it is for charity right? :D ).

Someone outbid me I can't even afford the £100 I have pledged !!!!!!! :eek:

Or give some money online and lumber me with the winning bid ;) https://www.rednoseday.com/donation/

rp2000

Edit: Current total on the telly is 34mill and the night is still young....

rp2000 said:
Will this auction hit major activity in the last 10 minutes ala ebay (I can mention a competitor if it is for charity right? :D ).

Someone outbid me I can't even afford the £100 I have pledged !!!!!!! :eek:

Or give some money online and lumber me with the winning bid ;) https://www.rednoseday.com/donation/

rp2000

Edit: Current total on the telly is 34mill and the night is still young....

I'll help you out a bit I bid £105, but that still leaves you with the second highest bid LOL

rp2000 said:
Well seeing as you have increased the money given by a fiver I will do the same.

£110.

rp2000

Damn and blast outbid at the last second :p , how very ebay of you afterall!!!!

All in a good cause though heh :D

Entai said:
Damn and blast outbid at the last second :p , how very ebay of you afterall!!!!

All in a good cause though heh :D

Dunno if I made it in time or not as my post was 00:00, but comic relief win either way. Even saw Tony Blair on it earlier (wonder how much that tightwad donated :D )

It's weird as on ebay I only ever buy BUY IT NOW as I can't be arsed with all the bidding malarky!!!

rp2000

andy said:
print outs of the million posts sent to both your addresses then :p

That would cost a fortune to send by royal mail!!! save the postage money and donate to comic relief!!

rp2000

JohnnyG said:
..of Bucks Fizz's 'Making Your Mind Up', complete with skirt removal...

Did Buck's Fizz just appear on that Peter Kay music video thing? Freaky!!

Last edited:
pfffft ill use really small font and supply you with a magnifying glass ,

who uses royal mail anunyway irts all about the helper pigeon these days

be careful using it in the sun btw

Well done to rp2000 and Entai, great effort on the bidding. I'm not totally sure how these things work but I'm guessing there is normally some form of proof needed that the donations have been made then we need the admins to move the post counts around. :)

Excellent stuff, now for the hard part;)

After rp2000 & Entai have provided some form of proof (screen print or similar & sobered up) we have to persuade a friendly Don/Admin to sort the posts out when they get a chance:)

G|mp = 2000
JohnnyG = 10000
neil3k = 500
Tomsk = 50000
"andy" = 5000
BillytheImpaler = 4000
Creature = 2000
platypus = 1000
Saytan = 500
Morthoseth = 300
Raikiri = 7000
$loth = 9000
semi-pro waster = 10000
yhack = 1000
georges = 1000
Gooner14 = 4000
Haircut = 1000
Atari = 1500
Smiley Man = 1500
Syk3 = 1000
sja360 = 5000

= 117300 posts + 21000 off xyphic

A total pot of 138300, I suppose dividing it in 2 will be OK and I'm sure they'll get recycled at a later donation.
Some post donations have been left out due to possible MM issues etc:)

Feel free to take all of mine (or round it to 1500) if you want, I never use the Member's Market and have no plans to use it.

I've just donated the amount of my bid to Comic Relief anyway, hopefully everyone that bid in this thread will do the same.

JohnnyG said:
Excellent stuff, now for the hard part;)

After rp2000 & Entai have provided some form of proof (screen print or similar & sobered up) we have to persuade a friendly Don/Admin to sort the posts out when they get a chance:)

G|mp = 2000
JohnnyG = 10000
neil3k = 500
Tomsk = 50000
"andy" = 5000
BillytheImpaler = 4000
Creature = 2000
platypus = 1000
Saytan = 500
Morthoseth = 300
Raikiri = 7000
$loth = 9000
semi-pro waster = 10000
yhack = 1000
georges = 1000
Gooner14 = 4000
Haircut = 1000
Atari = 1500
Smiley Man = 1500
Syk3 = 1000
sja360 = 5000

= 117300 posts + 21000 off xyphic

A total pot of 138300, I suppose dividing it in 2 will be OK and I'm sure they'll get recycled at a later donation.
Some post donations have been left out due to possible MM issues etc:)

Hi,
I checked my account and they haven't taken the money yet!!! (payed by debit card online). In all honesty I paid my donation before the auction ended and it wasn't the amount I stated in this thread. I just participated in the thread and posted in the forums a lot last night just to get others to donate as well.

So, I don't have a screenshot, I think the page said they would send you an e-mail or something, if not will a screenshot from online banking (with obvious things blanked out!!) be sufficient.

Thankfully I was sober all night, else I could have seen myself parting with even more money!!!

Well done to anyone who donated last night and a big FU to all the naysayers :eek:

rp2000

Last edited:
frakker said:
You might be in for a long wait! It can take weeks (perhaps 6-8 weeks) before payment is taken from your account. I donated money last time via Mastercard and it was just over two months later before the money was taken off my card!

That long? last comic relief I paid over the phone with debit card and it disappeared a day or 2 later. This year I did it online with debit card, so I expected it to be the same.

I don't mind a few days but a couple of months is a long time!!! Not a problem for me as the money will still be there, but for others maybe.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom