Red Orchestra (2) : Heroes of Stalingrad

Associate
RELEASE UPDATE : OCUK COMMUNITY SERVER

RO2 : Heroes of Stalingrad

Release Date : 2011 (hinted that it'll be earlier 2011 rather than later)

Leading Eastern and Central European publisher 1C Company and Tripwire Interactive are excited to announce the sequel to Red Orchestra, the leading realism-based multiplayer WWII shooter on the PC. Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad will take the award winning Red Orchestra franchise into the next generation of gaming. Cutting edge graphics and audio built using the Unreal Engine 3, inventive features and streamlined realism will deliver an unrivalled WWII experience.

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad will focus on the Battle of Stalingrad and the surrounding operations, both German and Russian, from July 1942 to February 1943. The game allows the player to experience one of the most brutal battles in all of human history. The game consists out of two campaigns – Red Army and German. Delivering unrivalled accuracy and attention to detail, along with gritty, vicious combat in multiplayer, co-op and solo modes the game will feature everything from quick, brutal firefights to more intricate and challenging simulation modes.

Kindly borrowed from Ralphst3r's awesome facts thread on the official forums, LOADs of information there clicky

Gameplay Footage

Shaky cam gameplay footage from GDC '10 part1 part2

Slightly less shaky cam from PAX '10 from gametrailers

Bunch more videos out there but they are all fairly similar

Official Trailer

(cinematic but doesn't do the gameplay justice in my opinion)

Interviews

RPS tanks interview covering how tanks will be handled in the sequel.

There's also been two community based interviews giving a different angle from the usual press information. Video interview by Zetsumei with Tripwire's president John Gibson (Ramm Jaeger) ROladder, lots of clan based question, and text interview from bswearer with John again and Alan Wilson VP.

Rising Storm

Also worth mentioning they've also announced Rising Storm that "will be a total conversion modification for the eagerly awaited WWII First-person Shooter, Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad; based on the Pacific campaign of 1941-45.".
This is being made by members of the community/public and supported by Tripwire. They seem to have gathered a very talented team of modders and even a few f/t game developers working on it as a side project, so while there's little info out about it yet, its got lots of potential.

Last edited:
Associate
I agree regarding the graphics. I would love the same realistic one shot you are dead gameplay with some really good graphics. I have not played a online shooter for awhile and this could possibly fit the bill.

Associate
:)
I love RO at the moment, and was wondering if there would ever be a sequel
Very good news. Hopefully the style of game play will be kept from the first.

Associate
OP
Bit of a mess up by either TWI with times and dates or PCG being a bit eager to publish an exclusive, heres the 'official anouncment':

Ok, here is the official statement on the game for now. Yes there is an article about our new UE3 game Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad in the UK and US PC Gamer magazines. Frankly, we're more than a bit surprised at the timing of the release of the article. To put it quite bluntly we thought this would hit after the release of Killing Floor. As such we'll be doing a bit of a scramble to get our PR efforts in order while we are in the middle of getting another game ready to ship.

I know many of you have been waiting a very long time for this news, and I am very happy that we can finally confirm what we've been working on these past three years. RO:HOS (as we call it) is real, its using UE3, and its awesome Just bear with us while we recover from this unexpected announcement and in the immortal words of Battlestar Galactica - all will be revealed.

For now, we're not going to say anything else about the game. We'll let the article speak for itself. As Alan mentioned please don't post scans of the article on this forum. Additionally, please don't post quotes of text from the article on these forums. Our proper PR effort will begin in earnest soon, so you'll get more from us on that in the coming days.

4p

4p

Soldato
RO pushed the ut 2.5 engine to the MAX and produced some amazing stuff

the game didn't look amazing but it wasn't bad either.

With the UT3 engine it can only be better.

Soldato
I think RO looked great and still does. Ok so it's no Crysis, btu then it doesn't need to be. The graphics are fantastic imo, very earthy and gritty, perfect for the setting. With the UE3 engine they can only improve upon it.

Love RO, it's one of the best online FPS games ever made imo and I'm really looking forward to this new one.

Where can I get my hands on some scans?!

Last edited:
Associate
Been playing RO since the early mod days and have always enjoyed playing until TW made changes to the buddy system and engine limitations started to really annoy me.

Hopefully with UE3 all my irritations should be over!!

Associate
I think RO looked great and still does. Ok so it's no Crysis, btu then it doesn't need to be. The graphics are fantastic imo, very earthy and gritty, perfect for the setting. With the UE3 engine they can only improve upon it.

Love RO, it's one of the best online FPS games ever made imo and I'm really looking forward to this new one.

Damn right. Absoloutley love the game.

Never even realised there was going to be another. Can't wait:D

Associate
Back
Top Bottom