Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm - Debut Trailer

Soldato
PC Gamer Hands on with RO2: Rising Storm

PC Gamer

PC Gamer said:
"Over weeks of map testing, katanas became a kind of souvenir weapon for American players, who would pick them up from dead Japanese. Noticing this, one Japanese soldier had the bright idea to drop their katana in plain sight, then use the alternate fire for their hand grenades—exclusive to the Axis side—to bury their grenades like mines and set a trap disguised as a trophy."

fyUBNkJ.jpg

Having recently got back into RO2 in a big way I'm really excited about this.

PC gaming needs more games like this, and developers who support the platform in the way that Tripwire do.

Anyone else?

Associate
OP
I've spent so many hours working on a custom map for RO2, getting back into it and excited for RS. You can go onto the website and apply to be a tester but you'll need to mail a hardcopy NDA to tripwire.

They're planning on integrating it into RO2, so if you don't own RS you can still play it but with limited classes available vice versa, so it keeps the community together and gives it a bit replayability with the old content.

Caporegime
It is. Obviously you don't like it so move along.

I hated it at first and the developers, then thought it was ok after many months of hard graft patching

However this is a gaming thread and both view points are needed, you cant expect everyone to love a game and not discuss it. Will be interesting to see how this one turns out

Soldato
It was pretty poor when it first came out but you can have an absolute blast on it these days. Get a group of you using comms and playing the objective, fantastic stuff. Nothing beats using a bolt action rifle. Much more skill involved!

Soldato
The game has come on in leaps and bounds after a rocky release. The depth and attention to detail of RO2 means it's the one I keep coming back to. My only real gripe is that the mistakes made in the early stage means the community has remained very small.

I'm really looking forward to Rising Storm, if only to see RO2's take on FPS in a new environment.

Soldato
True, but by your post I thought you were trying to say that RO2 was actually "good"

Yes it had problems on launch. Everyone knows that and it has been discussed many times.

The game currently is great, runs very well and has great gameplay. Repeatedly saying you don't like something is not a "discussion".

Back
Top Bottom