Red Sea / Houthi rebels situation

Soldato
Yes he won't place blame directly on Iran so it's going to be nothing more than a symbolic reprisal and then he wonders why the world sees America weak under his leadership

Yet, I get the sense that if he did place the blame on Iran directly, and then retaliate accordingly, you’d be calling him a warmonger.

Soldato
With Biden and the US election, he won’t want to give the republicans the benefit of potentially POW pilots or army engaged forces.

Last edited:
Soldato
Re: Middle East always ready to kill each other. This is the way..

The entire area is always in tension and always has been. It just takes an accidental wrong word or someone running over someone's line in the sand. A minor scuffle occurs and it ends up as a new balance where they hate each other.
It really hasn't this is revisionist history at its finest. Its destabilisation of the region over years and years the West just can't resist sticking its oar in. Too much oil.

Soldato
It really hasn't this is revisionist history at its finest. Its destabilisation of the region over years and years the West just can't resist sticking its oar in. Too much oil.
True there have been foreign interests, however before oil the framework of the society has not been too stable due to religion. Perhaps Iran (Persia) is a good example - war, stable to be a really nice place (1950s or so when it seem to be doing well) then religious revolution and a case of sects and groups fighting selling oil rights for arms. It was the discovery of oil that was a downfall but then how that new wealth became something to internally fight over for control.

Caporegime
True there have been foreign interests, however before oil the framework of the society has not been too stable due to religion. Perhaps Iran (Persia) is a good example - war, stable to be a really nice place (1950s or so when it seem to be doing well) then religious revolution and a case of sects and groups fighting selling oil rights for arms. It was the discovery of oil that was a downfall but then how that new wealth became something to internally fight over for control.
Religion might be a contributing factor for instability but considering how successful the Ottoman empire was for so long I can't really take it as the principle reason things have remained a mess since it collapsed. So the only explanation for it I can see is that Anglo-French imperial blunders over embarrassingly useless borders (the subject of this thread is enough proof) and incessant meddling throughout the last century (and before as a means to limit the Ottomans) must be the deciding factor.

Last edited:
Soldato
Biden shouldn't be a fanny here, might as well sink those three Iranian ships off the coast of Yemen, if they're taking any attack as needing retaliation from them then might as well respond properly.

Iran seems to be following in Russia’s footsteps in attempting to destabilise its borders. It wouldn’t surprise me if the regime is loosing it’s grip to russian influence just like the UK.

I suspect the local arabic nations are growing a little tired of Iran and Yemen terrorists.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
At least Trump kept some of these countries guessing. Wasn’t he reported to have been just minutes from launching strikes at Iran, and that was just over a drone? Either way, I can only see this playing into his re-election campaign at the moment.

Soldato
At least Trump kept some of these countries guessing. Wasn’t he reported to have been just minutes from launching strikes at Iran, and that was just over a drone? Either way, I can only see this playing into his re-election campaign at the moment.
I don’t remember that one but I do remember the killing of an Iranian general in early 2020.

Back
Top Bottom