Red Sea / Houthi rebels situation

Man of Honour
Richmond been out here for a bit. Might not be a 45, still very capable asset. Reckon it will likely be backed up by Lancaster soon.

I'm not sure, if its embarrassing. they might have had to replace it so they can replenish its ammunition stockpiles and other supplies. don't think they can do an ammo restock at sea and the task force seems to be burning through a lot shooting down all those drones and missiles.

Nothing wrong with the Type 23s but they aren't a Type 45 and aren't able to fill in as a group flagship if necessary.

Soldato

Using a drone to precisely hit a moving vehicle on a busy street in Iraq's capital...
Call America what you will, but that takes some doing and would make me think twice if I was a rebel leader in that area of the world

To target somebody like that and pull it off definitely makes a statement

Soldato
Using a drone to precisely hit a moving vehicle on a busy street in Iraq's capital...
Call America what you will, but that takes some doing and would make me think twice if I was a rebel leader in that area of the world

I'm sure it will make them think twice about doing this

Man of Honour
Lots of rumours swirling around tonight, how much will come of it I dunno but seems like Iran is trying to stir up a response in the background while trying to keep distance themselves.

Soldato

Metaphoric global sniping.

Soldato
Richmond been out here for a bit. Might not be a 45, still very capable asset. Reckon it will likely be backed up by Lancaster soon.
Capable yes but without question a step down from the Type 45, it was clear when they cut the build program down to the absolute minimum that we didn’t have enough and now those decisions are coming home to roost.

The Navy is short on the necessary Planes, ships and people to be an effective blue water force.

Soldato

It's no wonder Putin never leaves his bunker.

Caporegime
probably a lot of old men doing things they shouldn't in those countries.

Hopefully that's the 13 they mean, ones who seek youth

Last edited:
Associate
A war, with who USA/UK? To what end?

Our only interest in this is to prevent them attacking our shipping.

That's simply not true, we have shipping, we have Iran funding terrorists in Israel and other parts of the Middle East. we have the risk of them developing a nuclear bomb. At some point, they need to be dealt with and the current state ended.

Reactions: SPG
Soldato
That's simply not true, we have shipping, we have Iran funding terrorists in Israel and other parts of the Middle East. we have the risk of them developing a nuclear bomb. At some point, they need to be dealt with and the current state ended.
I agree, but by those criteria we'd be in a war with half the world.

Do you really want to see British troops fighting on the ground in Yemen and Iran?

Back
Top Bottom