Red Sea / Houthi rebels situation

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I don't think so, Afghan was different due to the Russians messing the place up and the USA empowering warlords etc. A proud people ruined by Russia. One thing is common the religion requires a ruler that rules with Iron. It's the only way it works now. Saudi, Dubai, Kuwait none of them stand for the Muslim brotherhood etc. They are removed instantly and never seen again. The west is to soft about it though.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Just drop a battle group on the ground and start working towards the coast. The entire area is sess pit of trouble and insignificance, Its like we will drag you back to the stoneage with us if you like it or not. So instead of dragging put them in a field and bomb the ******** all in the best possible taste.

Soldato
US says funding cuts to the UNRWA is permanent, the organisation is too corrupt and linked to terrorism. US says it's now looking at other aid agencies to replace unrwa

Soldato
Sunk by a bunch of poor part time terrorists, how embarrassing for the UK.

I really think that we have to stop projecting ourselves as a major world power. By that, really, I mean the politicians have to stop cutting our armed forces and at the same time continuing with the arrogant belief that we can go pushing other countries around!

We can not project ourselves in to the world any more. We have cut our armed forces to the point of almost complete dysfunction. It is ridiculous and we either have to stop pretending the empire still exists and eat humble pie or we have to reverse Osborne's dodgy accounting processes and increase spending on the armed forces.

Personally, I am in favour of doing both - increase spending (urgently) and stop acting like we still rule the waves.

Soldato
Personally, I am in favour of doing both - increase spending (urgently) and stop acting like we still rule the waves.
That's not going to work, despots, Marxist dictatorships, authoritarian Fascist regimes and all those other nasty horrible cosplaying nations only respect one thing, strength. It's important the UK and other countries who believe in rules based order stand up to these people and show this behaviour isn't going to be tolerated. If we don't then we leave anarchy in it's place.

The question you should be asking isn't how strong or poor are the UK armed forces but why aren't other Western countries helping?

Soldato

It was a civilian vessel on a commercial contract. Unless we arm all our civilian vessels with anti missile missiles or anti drone stuff, train or have trained personal on each one then the hootys will have an occasional win.

We should however keep the bombing runs going.

Caporegime

It was a commercial vessel. It has no armed defence on board. They are equipped with weaponry from Iran. The vessel probably could have been saved had the crew not abandoned ship when they did and the operators carried out a decent emergency response.

Back
Top Bottom